our good friends, the Sandbakkens are moving away...we will miss them SO much!
Kate was our Angel...
We introduced Claire to the movie White Christmas...mostly just showing her the dancing and singing. :)
Kate's been so funny lately. When she wants one more of something she lifts her little finger up to her face and says, "1 more please?"
I did not do well at taking pics Christmas morning. I took a few videos but not enough pics.
Claire got a BIG BIG girl bed. (twin size) which is huge compared to her toddler bed.
We spent some time putting it together. The girls were a great help and loved using tools with dad!
Nana & Papa got Claire a new bedspread and she was THRILLED!
My sister got Shaun a new apron, "Shaun the Chef"
We LOVE getting produce from dad's work! Look how ginormous this strawberry is! Plus, Kate has been devouring strawberries lately!
I just love this little 50s dress! So cute. I also took this picture to remind me of how hot it was over Christmas break! I was literally turning on the AC because our house was so hot! I think it got up in the 80s, which is rare for here.
Claire was feeling sad that she didn't get to be mary so for FHE we did our own nativity. I remember feeling that same way...I think Mary is the coveted one for she gets to hold the baby. (or Minnie Mouse, in Claire's situation.)
Thankfully Shaun was feeling much better from surgery and was able to work on the Kitchen during the break. He gets days off of work without taking vacation! Woohoo!
Kate is such a daredevil! She loves to climb to the top of the ladder or climb the nearest counter or table.
do you like my hat, Mama?
We were without a "functioning kitchen" most of the break. We were priming, sanding, painting, etc. Bye Bye green and yellow wall!
I took the girls out a couple of mornings to just get out of the construction zone. They were so helpful! haha
But I came home to find this painting note. oh, so sweet!
What do you think of the new colors?! We are loving them!
Here is big girl Kate eating at the bar. We have been sanding and staining the table...things are coming along! Grateful we had some good blocks of time to work on the house!
Shaun and I did take some time to watch a movie now and again just to make it feel like we were actually getting a break. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment