Sunday, January 17, 2016

Kate turns 2!

Kate Kate Kate!
Our little kate is now 2! I cannot even believe it! She has developed a full blown personality that is so fun! She always wants to be part of the party, she often will throw her arms around me and say, "I love you," and she love to stretch herself by trying everything Claire does.

Sadly, Kate had been sick most of the month of December. Her Birthday was no exception. Runny nose, cold, just not her self.
We made some GF delicious cupcakes and enjoyed having our wonderful neighbors over for dinner and cupcakes.
Richard and Catherine
Kate has adopted Claire's fetish for Mickey Mouse...the coloring book was a hit!



It's so fun to look back at our sweet and mischievous girl! She even wore that same dress for Christmas this year that Claire is wearing at the hospital holding her.  
She loves to be miss independent. Most the time she will not ride in the shopping cart at the store anymore. I made her hold on to the cart or she has to ride in it. Shopping take SOOOO much longer when you are at a toddlers pace, but I still love her!
We love leaves!
Claire has been into dressing up lately. She talks Kate into joining her.
Important to brush babies teeth too.
We were making GF sugar cookies for Claire...I turn my back and kate had grabbed several cookies that were already ready to bake and was putting them in a nice ball. Such a helper...:)
Claire was giving Kate a lesson on how to say the mickey mouse character names. "Kate, can you say, Professor," ...good job

One of Kate's favorite past times is watching shows. I try to limit it to 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.... during December Sick kate wanted "more shows."
Stickers, coloring, painting have been a new favorite. I'm learning pretty quickly that Kate is not to be left alone with such things. Magic eraser is my new best friend.

Fun things about Kate's birthday & Everyday:
When She got up in the morning I asked her how old she was now- 4 (her favorite number)
I asked her if she had a great birthday and she said- YES!
She got to have a bath in Mom's jetted tub!
She got to watch her favorite show: Mickey Mouse
It was a rainy day so no outside fun for us
Her favorite things right now are: seeing Christmas lights, the Christmas Tree, going to Catherine's house and looking at her outside Christmas lights every night, walking the neighborhood at dark looking at lights. (yes, warm enough in MS for that)
Kate gets SO SO SO excited about things!
After she opened her birthday gifts she thought it was time to open all the gifts under the Christmas tree... :<
She is a great eater and loves to have fried eggs for breakfast everyday
When she's not sick, she is an awesome sleeper...12 hours at night and a solid 2 hour mid-day nap.
She is not afraid to climb, jump, and run down hills.
She calls all of the Christmas decorations "disco balls" because that is what Claire called them when we decorated.
She loves to be chased around in her diaper before getting her clothes changed
She loves books
She can count by herself from 1-12
She LOVES treats!

Kate is so full of life and we are really enjoying her new stage of growing up.  

No comments: