Claire and I flew into Utah just in time to help prep for the wedding. Shaun's niece, Nikki, was getting married so we were excited to join in the festivities.
Nikki's siblings all came over to help me cut up fruit the night before the wedding while Nikki and her parents were at the temple. Claire slept great and we got it all ready. Shaun couldn't make it because of school but he helped contribute to the preparation by sending us a video tutorial on properly cutting cantaloupe. It was VERY helpful. :)
You can't tell from this picture but Claire and I have matching skirts. I found the material at JoAnn's for 60% off. I am not a seamstress and this was a frustrating process, but thankfully they turned out beautifully.
Timp temple
Shaun's oldest brother and Claire
While we were waiting for Nikki and Spencer at the luncheon Claire and I went to the "mother's lounge" and she fell asleep. It was a really hot day, can you tell?
Annie and Claire are cousins. Annie loved entertaining her while we ate.
The Bride's family. I got to do the Alisha and Missy's hair that day and the mother of the bride is Shaun's sister, Beth.
The reception was held in Shaun's parent's yard. It was gorgeous! Claire slept the entire reception so I was able to help run the kitchen and keep all the yummy food stocked.
Catered by Kneaders...Yummy!
I loved the twinkling lights!
Reading books with Grandpa!
This picture is a little out of order but Claire's nap is just about over so I am going to leave it here..The worst part about flying this time was keeping Claire occupied for 3 hours during our layover. I wiped down this ledge so she could stand and look outside.
Grandpa gave Claire a torn-less rose. She literally picked off each petal at a time. It was cracking me up.
I was also able to visit my old school, Spanish Oaks, and meet up with lots of old friends. It was a wonderful visit and I enjoyed seeing everyone.
The week in Utah was also eventful for Claire. She learned how to pull herself up on things. She got her first fat lip, :( but I was able to keep pretty good tabs on her and catch most of her falls. She is a pro now and loves to walk around with us holding her fingers. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment