Friday, September 28, 2012

Lately

Life seems to move ever so fast these days. We are alive and doing great! I thought I would share what we have been up to lately. 

 I did Claire's hair in lots of sponge curlers instead of piggies for church. I think she was feeling very pretty. Look at that face. :) 
She can now reach the piano and loves to lightly play. She also loves to sit on my lap and watch me play. Occasionally she wants her turn at it but she likes to "choose her song" first. 

 Auntie sent us the best package! Witch socks. Aren't they too cute! I found the shirt on clearance for 1.59! It says, "wickedly cute." Seleta and I didn't even plan it. 
 Auntie also sent Claire some cute cat ears and her favorite friend, Elmo! 
One of Claire's favorite things is to "give loves." She does this by leaning her head or face on you or on the object that is receiving love. Besides her parents, her glow worm and now Elmo get lots of love! 
Shaun's laptop was constantly overheating. It was on it's last leg so Shaun watched a You tube video on how to take it apart, clean it, and replace some heating putty that keeps it cool. He was pretty sure he could handle the job and so he gave it a go.  
 I'm happy to report that it was a success!!!! And now we are up and running again! 
So proud of you, honey! 
In other news I received an additional calling. I am still the primary chorister, which I love, and am so excited for our program come up. But I was also called to be the new ward organist. Our little ward is really lacking in musical abilities. The current organist just retired from his job and they are moving. The funny thing is, I have never ever played the organ. I have some practicing I need to do, and I am really nervous, but I am also really excited to learn. The first few times may be a little rocky, but I know I will receive divine help. :)  

4 comments:

Lex said...

Don't you just love youtube? You can learn just about anything! haha. I was the temple organist in Boise for a year, I had never played but practiced on the piano by never using the peddle and still trying to make the music sound blended. It's a lot of holding your fingers down to move to the next keys "smoothly". I always picked songs with easy base lines so the feet would only have to move a couple times. :) You will love it! Good luck! Great to see your updates. Her curled hair is so cute!

Kari said...

Wow, the organ!! That is so exciting! I'm proud of you for having such a positive attitude about it!

Claire looks adorable as always!!

Melissa said...

You'll be great at the organ! I still remember how rough the hymns were in the beginning, but it definitely gets exponentially easier once you get the hang of it. Glad you guys are doing well!

Seleta said...

I am so happy she loved the package! She looks cute with cat ears :) Love it!!