Thursday, October 11, 2012

We Love Fall!

Fall is one of my favorite seasons! I seem to love it even more now that we live in Ohio. In Utah it seemed like the leaves would change over night and then be on the ground a week later. It was beautiful but for only a few weeks. In Ohio Fall lasts for several months. The humidity dies down, the sun seems to shine much more and the hundreds of trees slowly turn their magical colors. My friend, Christina, and I have enjoyed some great walks this Fall! All of her kids are in school except her youngest which is close to Claire's age so the kids just come along for the fun stroller ride. 

 Claire and I have enjoyed playing outside and checking out nature...okay just checking out the pumpkin on the front porch, but still fun. 
 I love that sweaters are coming. And I love that my hair will actually stay curled when the humidity levels are lower. 
Lately Claire has discovered the stairs. She is quite a pro at going up but I still try and follow pretty close behind. She has crashed a couple of times but only down one step or so. Still enough to make me watch her even closer. 

Claire has loved story time at the library. She is not used to being around more than 1 child since our ward is so small. It is a great chance for her to interact and "play" with kids her age. It has been fun for me to see more of her personality come out. 

I also LOVE hot chocolate. This year I am being much better about my diet and exercise so I don't have hot chocolate too much, but it is still the perfect way to warm up. 

We were also able to visit our friends, Boyd and Allison, one weekend. Allison was kind enough to take our family pictures. This is a sneak peek. :) 



The last two months Shaun and I have been able to go on some  real dates with just us. It has been AWESOME!  There is one active young women in our ward and she has become our babysitter. It's not too hard for her since Claire is usually in bed, but she is pretty responsible for just being 12. (Those of you who have family near by are VERY lucky!!) 
After our first date I thought, why did we wait so long to get a babysitter? In the past we would plan something "date nightish" at home for Friday night. Those nights are fun too, but there is something about leaving the house together that is just refreshing. Thanks Honey for insisting. :) 

We still have another month or more of Fall around here so I better start making some pumpkin bread. If you want the recipe for the most delicious pumpkin bread you can ever imagine I can email it to you. 
I hope you are enjoying your fall! 

3 comments:

Kari said...

I love fall too! It still hasn't really hit here yet, we just finally got out of 100 degrees last week! But your pictures make me want it even more!

K, what font did you use in the first picture that says "fall 2012" it caught my eye, and I LOVE fonts! :)

Seleta said...

Love the picS!can't wait to see them all- Shauns eyes are GREEN!! Also loved Claire's cuteness!!

Linda said...

Cute family picture!! You guys all look great! I think Fall is even better with kids! So many fun activities to do.

Thanks for the tip on the double swaddling!!! We have been doing it the last several nights and it has worked wonders!!! Thank you so much for the suggestion!!!!