Sunday, November 23, 2014

November so far...

 Kate is now 11 months old...I seriously can't  believe how fast time has flown! Kate has such a fun personality! She smiles ALL of the time and is so happy! She has also recently started making these fun faces when she's excited! So cute! 
She's still scooting around and getting quite fast at it! 
As long as she's not hungry she will pretty much go to anyone which is really helpful at church. Shaun and I both teach during the second hour now so Kate stays in Sunday school. 
Kate also loves to scoot over to the plant and pick the leaves off. She's definitely starting to understand the word no. Claire tells her that often. "No, no honey." 
 Finding fun activities for Claire to interact with other children has been quite challenging for us. In Jackson the Museum of Art had a special event where they brought in an author/illustrator. She read one of her books and then the kids got to paint. What a fun day for us. We are trying to help Claire feel more secure playing and interacting with other kids. She gets really shy and nervous. You can see in the pictures she is a little worried still. I found out they have an activity once a month at the museum. We will definitely be going back. Kate was so mad she couldn't get on the floor and play with the paper and paint. haha 

It was also a great opportunity for me to chat with other moms. It's been a little lonely lately. We still go to the library and store, etc. but when you are the only one with kids there and only get to talk to the ladies when checking out once and awhile it's nice to have face to face adult interaction. We are so lucky to have Shaun home for lunch every day, and face timing with family and friends also helps too!  
Claire's becoming more independent these days. She loves to brush her teeth, wash her own hands, and anything else that involves standing on her stool by the sink. :) 
My friend, Kari, gave me these awesome socks with the bows on them when Claire was born. I always get a little sad when they start getting too small. Kate's feet are almost too big. 

Also, it actually got cold here. It was down in the 20s for a few days. I was definitely enjoying it. The humidity is still really high right now 85% so it feels much colder than it is. I was excited Kate actually got to wear a coat and hat.  
 This picture is kind of an inside joke for us. When we had the branch Halloween party they were serving hotdogs and chips. I decided to bring a vegetable tray. Well, the following Sunday when they were thanking eveyone in Relief society they said, "thanks Nicolette for bringing the vegetables. You can bring vegetables from your country anytime." Apparently healthy eating is not too trendy down here. haha 
Well, then we had a family over for dinner on Sunday. We made grilled zucchini, grilled chicken, sweet potatoes and biscuits. They had NEVER had zucchini. They didn't like it or the sweet potatoes. So they pretty much left hungry. The girl also told me that she doesn't eat fruit. WHAT?! I was just floored. It will be interesting to see if this is more common in Mississippi or just a coincidence. 
When I saw this picture I showed Shaun and we laughed at the idea of bringing it to the branch Christmas party. Shaun's joking comment was, "it probably won't even get touched so we shouldn't bother."  We will start introducing the good things in life to them. :)

So this is our main living room. On the left side is our couches, tv, etc. This side of the room is currently our office, music room, and craft room. Someday we will have more "extra" space. In the meantime we are making it work. 
We bundled up to take a walk out in the sunshine! I love how kate's cheeks are a little squashed from all the layers. 
Bath time is a fun time at our house. I typically bath the girls together at the same time. I just have to make sure Kate's hands and face are wiped up so she doesn't get wheat in the water and on Claire. Anyway, this one bath Kate was getting a little too excited and bonked her head on the side of the tub. After she was just playing again Claire found the wash cloth. Claire said, "I'm going to put this on Kate's head so if she bonks her head it won't hurt." I thought that was so sweet! It is so fun to watch the girls play together and make each other laugh! 
We are so blessed!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I remember those socks! So cute!! Your girls are adorable, I love the updates! Sounds like you are settling in there and finding things to do!!

Nancy said...

Sometimes macaroni and cheese is considered a vegetable—welcome to the south! :)

Evidence