We are starting to feel a little more settled in Mississippi. Shaun's working on getting his lab set up and really enjoying things so far. The girls and I are also starting to get into a regular routine. I'm still trying to find fun things for us to get out and do without having to drive 30+ minutes to get there.
Claire just turned 3 in September but was able to be in this year's primary program. In our branch they only do nursery 2nd hour. So the little ones go to Relief Society and Claire stayed in primary. She seems to really like it so far! She did awesome in the program. She recited the first article of faith and had a few other speaking parts. What I loved was they had previously asked the kids questions and then used their answers in the program. For example, They asked Claire what her favorite part of the temple is. She said, "There is an angel on top."
They also asked her what was her favorite of God's creations. In the practice she responded, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." Haha! We had to help her think of something else. :) She settled with flowers...although Mickey Mouse is pretty much her favorite thing right now.
My sister bought matching shirts for Daphne and Claire when they were little. Now the matching shirts fit both my girls! SO fun! Now if we could get them to smile at the same time we would be in business.
Claire has entered the stage of the silly smiles...
Kate is quite the messy eater... I mop my floor just about everyday.
She also started sticking her hands down by her legs. So now we change her clothes into rags before she eats and then change her back after she's done. I think secretly she just wants a bath. She LOVES bath time.
Claire and I love Mommy School! It's some one-on-one time for us while Kate is napping.
Bubbles are also a big favorite!
Kate is now in a big girl car seat and that means she's now claimed the top seat in the shopping cart. Claire is okay with it because she gets to sit on the blue pillow.
My cute shoppers!
Yes, we have mice AGAIN! I guess that's what we get for living in the country. It's worse this time, though, because I have seen them and their droppings. EKKKK!
I screamed, "ahhhh" when I saw one and for the entire next day claire would say, "ahhhh" to anything she saw. haha!
Some other fun things Claire says, "It's okay, sweetie." "Oh, honey."
Also, if you tell Claire something new, or when explaining something to her she usually responds, "oh, yeah," like..."oh" ...it's really cute!
We are also enjoying some delicious pecans! The station has around 50 pecan trees. We went out picking several times. We had to buy a nut cracker because they are pretty tricky to get open. In the process, though, we discovered that Claire is also allergic to them. Bummer. Shaun and I are still enjoying them, though. We probably have 4 grocery bags full of them...now just need to start shelling.


1 comment:
So fun reading all about your new adventures!
Post a Comment