Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April

I think we are finally hitting spring in Ohio. Everything is turning green and it makes me very happy! This is a picture from our backdoor. Right behind this wooded area is a big highway so when it's all filled in with leaves, etc. we get our sound barrier back. Yeah!  

Claire is also getting so independent. I went to a huge kids sale this past weekend and scored the doll stroller for .50 cents! She LOVES it! The first day she would push the doll around and sometimes purposefully knock the stroller over. Then she would say, "oops," lean down and kiss her baby and pat her on the head and keep pushing. It was cracking us up! (I also got the shoes she is wearing in this picture for .25 cents!)
Claire decided one day that she was now going to crawl down the stairs. I had practiced with her a little but it wasn't clicking so I didn't push the issue. One day she just didn't want me to carry her down the stairs and has done great!
 
Claire LOVES to be outside. Thankfully we've had some great days here. She loves to go walking along our little townhome neighborhood. She has to point out every flag and flower we see.
The walk is now glorified (for Claire) because she pushes her baby in the new stroller as we walk. I have to admit it is pretty darn cute!
 
 
Claire has had a few falls on our walks. She always jumps right back up and keeps walking. The only exception was today I put her in some new sandals and she tripped crashing to the ground. She scraped her head, toe, and ankle on the ground. Definitely a sad girl. :(  
I have been watching my friend's little girl, Madelynn, on Wednesdays. Recently her babysitter flaked out so now I will be watching her M/W/F for the next three weeks. I don't mind babysitting every once in awhile but I definitely am not the type to run a daycare. (Long days) It's been a little rough on Claire mostly because Madelynn is not a very content child. I think it's because she has been passed around from several babysitters. She doesn't cry much but has a loud screaming growl she does often when she is frustrated.
The upside to babysitting is the money I am earning makes it a lot easier for Claire and I to fly to Utah and Idaho this summer to see the family.
Shaun took this picture of her crazy hair but I just love her smile. It's hard to get her to stay still long enough for me to get a good picture so I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

Lastly, Claire has become quite the phone talker. She will talk and jabber on and on to people- especially my mom and Shaun's mom. It is really funny because she listens intently and then answers like she is really telling you her opinion. I can't believe Claire is just about 20 months old. We are so grateful for such a sweet girl!
I'm really looking forward to a fun summer with her. :)

1 comment:

marquita chiquita said...

Such a cutie pie!!! She is getting so big! ITs so good to see that you all are doing well! Please tell Shaun 29 is pretty DANG OLD where did the time go lol? Do you think you guys will find work out in California?