Sunday, April 14, 2013

Claire 19 months Old

Claire is such a fun playmate! Here are some of her new tricks!
 
 She loves to play. "in and out." Basically putting things in and then taking it out again. She is actually pretty creative with where she thinks of putting things. Thankfully she hasn't discovered the toilet, I don't want to be fishing things out of there just yet.
 
 This was the best picture I could get of her. She loves to run and play. Sitting still for mom to take a picture is out of the question unless Shaun is home. She has learned a lot of new words lately. She will say, "help/up" those kind of sound the same, ball, go, strawberry, Auntie, dog, cat, Jesus, temple and eyes. She LOVES to look through the Friend magazine. This month is was all about temples. I was amazed that after I showed her the temple on the cover she found all most all of the others on her own. She even spotted the picture of one in our house. The other day as we were getting out of the car there was a really old, fancy church next to the store...she immediately said, "temple." Very sweet.
She is a great Visiting Teaching companion. I visit a sister that is over 30 mins away. She also is pretty chatty so it is a several hour ordeal. This one day, on the way home, Claire had fallen completely asleep reading her animal book. I couldn't resist taking a picture before I got her out of the car. Thankfully I was able to transfer her right into her crib for an awesome nap. I don't like her to sleep too much in the car, but when the situation is out of my control, I'm grateful she is pretty good about going back to sleep. :)
 
Claire is just such a cutie and getting so big! I love that she can communicate more and express her feelings. She still HATES getting her diaper changed and hates the idea of eating but once she is in her highchair she usually will do pretty well eating some of her food.
 
Also, She is awesome at folding her arms to pray. We have been practicing saying, "amen" at the end of the prayer. Well, during conference she was getting a little confused because I was saying amen. Towards the end of the second session (almost 3:30 our time) she just kept saying, "amen...amen." I think she thought it would be over if she said, "amen." So cute! She definitely was a trooper.
We sure love this girl!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Ha! C does the same thing with "a-non" (amen)--he said it all through FHE one night before we figured out what he meant. We can know tell between his help/up only because help is now "hap-pe" (not happy but help me). They clearly would be good friends!