Shaun's birthday was great! Claire and I had just gotten back from our two week trip to Idaho and Utah (that post will be coming soon!) in time to do some fun surprises for Shaun.
Thursday I threw together a surprise lunch for him and his lab. I made chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, chips and a yummy punch.
For dessert (since they all work with plants) I made the pudding oreo mix with a mint plant in the top. The tag I made said, "Special Mo'Mint.'" I thought it was very cute. I just bought a package of herbs at the store. :)
It was funny because Shaun thought I was really trying to "root-out" plants. Hehe
Friday night I made a special dinner for us. I made Cafe Rio Pork burritos. They were DELICIOUS! Shaun recently got called to be the ward mission leader and the Elders had a rough week so we invited them to join us for dinner.
Shaun actually made his own birthday cake. Carrot cake with dried currents instead of raisins. The funny part was he asked me to get carrots with the green stems still attached. (They are hard to find, by the way) I assumed that he was going to be using the stems for decoration. So I was being very careful to not to ruin them in anyway. I even put a plastic bag around both ends and told Claire we had to be careful with Daddy's special carrots.
Well, turns out I was completely wrong. When you buy carrots with the green stems they can only be out for three weeks max, where as the bagged carrots can be stored up to 6 months. Also, the carrot flavor is much stronger the fresher they are. We had a good laugh over my assumption. :)

This was Shaun's birthday gift. It's a really fun game that we played with our friends, the Stauffers. He was thrilled!

We finished the night watching this movie, The Help. It was awesome! We really enjoyed it! Shaun had a wonderful birthday and now is officially 28! I sure love this man of mine.
2 comments:
WE LOVE BANANA GRAMS!! glad he had a great birthday. wish he could be here to plant my flower bed/garden. miss you guys!
When we come visit we can have a whole game night. Banana Grams, Clue, Ligretto (or Wacky Sixes if we have to). Happy late birthday Shaun.
Also, Sterling hates our blog background. I'm glad you like and that our blogs match. :)
Post a Comment