Claire and I had a wonderful time in Idaho! We spent most of the time visiting with family. Here are the highlights!
Claire and Nana!
We got to visit my Aunt Leisa and her cute family in Idaho Falls. It was really fun to see my cousins all grown up with kids of their own. My uncle made us AMAZING omelets, too! So much fun!
Claire loved playing with uncle Ben!
We also spent quite a bit of time with my Grandma T. This is the lady Claire was named after. She is so sweet and Claire just sat in her lap for the longest time. :)
Nana and I had to try a new hairdo for Claire. We put the the curlers in first thing in the morning. Claire so so good to not even pull at them. To our disappointment the curls didn't work so well. Next time I need to put more in and roll them a different direction.
I know this picture is blurry of Claire but I just love the smile on my Grandpa Lundquist's face. He was so cute with her!
We really enjoyed visiting my grandparents in Swan Valley. I have so many fond memories of my time there it was great to be back. Claire was an angel the entire time, too.
Papa and Claire during Saturday General Conference. It was so fun to see my dad play with Claire. She just loved him. My dad even came home from work early one day just to spend time with her.
It was funny because during the break between sessions Claire was napping so my dad and I were outside digging out the trampoline pit. The first shovelful of dirt didn't quite make it into the wheelbarrow. My dad just shook his head and said, "your kids grow up and move again but some things never change." It made us laugh. Thankfully I am not as klutzy as I used to be.
This is almost the entire Murray family at family night. The family still gets together monthly. The weekend of General Conference is one of my favorites because we all take a turn sharing about our favorite talk and then eat yummy food. It was so fun to see all of my family again!!
Tyson and Brittani were able to come up for the weekend too! It was a PARTY!
Uncle Ben
Uncle Tyson was so good to us! He was very helpful in taking out dirty diapers, keeping Claire awake in the car (so she would take a good nap at home) and playing games with me. We had a great time!
This is a four generation picture!
Grandma T, my mom, me & Claire...too bad Great grandma lives in Bountiful or we could've made it five generations.
What a fun trip! Thank you to everyone who made such an effort to get in touch! While I was home there were three wedding receptions of siblings of friends I grew up with. It was perfect timing to reconnect with them! It was so great to see all of you again!
We made some great memories!
p.s. the flights home were not too bad. The first flight the lady sitting next to me didn't speak english. That was a long three hours. The second flight was fine except for we got all settled on the plane and then there was a problem so everyone had to get off and it turned into a three hour delay on top of the two and half hour layover to begin with, so we arrived at midnight... but I was grateful for kind people and the baggage workers that were able to get Claire's stroller so she could at least nap while we waited. :) Yeah for nice people!
p.s. the flights home were not too bad. The first flight the lady sitting next to me didn't speak english. That was a long three hours. The second flight was fine except for we got all settled on the plane and then there was a problem so everyone had to get off and it turned into a three hour delay on top of the two and half hour layover to begin with, so we arrived at midnight... but I was grateful for kind people and the baggage workers that were able to get Claire's stroller so she could at least nap while we waited. :) Yeah for nice people!
3 comments:
you called Joseph Tyson!!! How funny. See we all do it. I'm sure Tyson would have taken out your diapers too.
It was so fun to see you! I am so glad that it worked out that we were in Idaho at the same time!!! Claire is a doll. It was fun to meet her. Good luck with the mommyhood. :)
That baby is so darn cute. I showed her picture to my Georgia in hopes that she would be inspired to grow some hair.
Next time you might consider coming out to NYC for a vacation; it's much closer to you than Idyho. Just something for you to think about ;)
Post a Comment