One of the first things I did once we made it to Wooster was get a public library card. I have been going crazy trying to wait to read book two of the Hunger Games- Catching Fire. I finally decided that I needed a real distraction that could help me think about something other than our house so I checked out this book. I LOVED the first book and it pretty much promised myself I couldn't read the next one until book three was almost out because the wait kills me. :)
Well, I am halfway through book two and love my breaks when I get to read! I am so very thankful for good books and how they can make you think beyond your own life and circumstances.
Another great thing I have discovered through our reading group last year was this site called good reads. http://www.goodreads.com/ There you can see what your friends are reading and see feedback on books you have maybe thought about reading. If you haven't...check it out.
don't worry...a house update will be coming soon.
3 comments:
Hehe - waiting for those books is a killer! I have really enjoyed them :) They do make the PERFECT distraction - you can't think of anything else while you are reading them. I just wish the third one was coming out sooner...
I read the Hunger Games and Catching Fire last year...its addicting! So good! I'm so excited for the third one to come out...I think this month??
How are you enjoying Ohio??! Welcome! How far are you from Dayton? Probably pretty far, huh? Maybe we could meet up sometime! Or if you guys want to g on a weekend trip we'd love to have you come visit!
I loved those books!!!
Post a Comment