Sunday, August 29, 2010


Shaun and I have been hard at work tearing things out of the kitchen. I spent a day just taking down these fake bricks. I had the fan on to keep me cool and wasn't paying attention and it hit me right in the head. :( I was very careful after that blow. (just a bump, not any blood was shed.)


This couple in our ward is in need of a used kitchen for their daughter's college downstairs apartment. So they came over to help us rip everything out. It took hours, but we enjoyed having such a great crew! (And Shaun was excited that he brought his BIG power tools with him.)

The First night we made it to this point

Saturday we hit it again, literally, and cleared out the rest of the dry wall, tile back splash, etc. It was a big project.

We were thrilled that the laminate wood floor came out in large pieces. Shaun is modeling his gear, too. We had heavy duty masks, gloves and Shaun even had coveralls on.

Tomorrow the contractor is coming to move some pipes and vents for us and then we will begin the rebuilding process. Currently we spend most of our time upstairs. It is almost ready for before and after pictures just working on some finishing touches. :)
stay tuned...

3 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Wow! I am so in awe of you guys!! Talk about some intensely hard work! I really can't wait to come and visit for Thanksgiving, and see all of this amazingness in person. I love that I got to see it part way through too :) Good luck over the next few days, and have fun installing your new kitchen - it will be lovely! Keep us posted :)

Ben said...

WOW, you guys aren't messing around!

Laura said...

Holy Cow!! This is serious remodeling going on! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Hows school going (for you teaching, and for Shawn)?