
One of my favorite times of year is actually "back to school." I love love love school supplies, getting things all nice and organized. I think new crayons and a new planner are my absolute favorites!!
This year back to school will be a much different experience for me. No classroom to call my own, no team to be a part of, no list of children all awaiting Mrs. Broderick to be their teacher, and no district meetings to get us pumped up for the year. I am definitely struggling to find my place in our new town. *sniff, sniff*
Because of the lack of vacant teaching positions I am planning on working as a substitute teacher. I really love the kids and want to give it a try. The good news is I did survive the substitute teaching training. (The longest three hours of my life) The other good news is that closest school district ONLY allows people to substitute if they have a Bachelor’s degree in teaching. So chances are I should be subbing a lot. (Hopefully)
In the meantime I am trying to keep myself positive and focused on getting our house beautified, helping out in the ward, and learning some new skills. (besides caulking.)
I know things will work out how they are supposed to and that Ohio has a lot to offer for us. This is a really great place to be. It will just take a while to get some roots. I am really grateful for the ward members who have reached out to us. That has really helped me with this transition. Ü
3 comments:
Aw, I know what you mean! My first year not teaching made me sad. Grateful for not having to do all the work, but thinking, 'aw, it's 9:00 and I would have students coming in right now...' And all other events throughout the day.
Any teacher would be SO lucky to have you sub... I'm sure they aren't used to getting young teachers with so much experience to sub their class. Who knows, maybe something long-term will turn up! Good luck!
Transitions are so hard! And especially when it is different than what you had before. Glad you are in a good ward and good luck with substituting!
Moving (and leaving a job) are both major changes. I'm sure it will take some time to adjust, but soon you'll feel at "home." =)
Post a Comment