Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

Well, it's that day again. This is the only day of the year that I'm grateful my brother David lives far away in Texas. Traditionally he has found pleasure in torturing me on this day. I thought I'd just share some of his past "jokes."

When I was about 10 or so, I woke up one morning and went into our pantry to get something to eat. To my surprise, I saw a package of Oreos. First of all, I love Oreos and secondly, we never had "junk" food around when we were young. I opened the package and took out a perfectly formed cookie. The first bite seemed fine at first, but as the munching continued I found that the frosting had a strange minty aftertaste. Yes, he had swapped the delectable white frosting for detestable toothpaste. He always claimed that "it was meant for dad" but deep down I know that cookie had my name on it.

I'll share one more. We also grew up without a dishwasher for several years, and washing Sunday dishes by hand was expected. One year I turn on the faucet of the kitchen sink and was confused for a fraction of a second as the water didn't instantly come out. My confusion was quickly replaced by surprise when I was shot in the face with a stream of water. He placed a rubberband around the spray nozzle and angled it directly for someone's head. The next day I decided to get him back, so I aimed the nozzle a little to the right. Then I waited for my prey. David came into the kitchen to a snack and I pretended that I was getting a glass of water. When he was perfectly positioned I turned on the water. We ended up having a bit of a water fight in the kitchen. Who says revenge isn't sweet?

Happy April Fools.

 

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I am still laughing! Today we told Joseph about April Fools Day and I am afraid he may pull one or two stunts like that on me ! He thinks this is a pretty great day. Thanks for sharing the fun.

marquita chiquita said...

Haha! That's great! How was your birthday, by they way?