Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Break!

Spring break was a blast for me! I got to spend 4 days with my family in Sun Valley, Idaho. My dad was attending a conference so I thought I would take advantage of resort life! Poor Shaun had to do finals and Bio 100 grading so I had to leave him home. 

Sun Valley was absolutely beautiful! One of my favorite parts of the trip was swimming. You are probably thinking...swimming in ID in April. Well, this pool is amazing! It is outside but the water is usually about 100 Degrees. It is surrounded by a glass wall so you are at a perfect temperature and can still get a sun tan/ burn if you are not careful! Basically you can enjoy looking at the snow capped mountains and breathing the fresh air while floating in a warm pool. It was heaven!
I think one day we went swimming three different times! Spoiled!  

My other favorite part was hiking. Sun Valley has paved trails all over the area. We put my little brother in the stroller and headed out. My mom and I ended up going about 9 miles one day. It was just so beautiful outside! By the end I asked Joseph if I could ride in the stroller but he said I was too big. too bad...It was still great fun, though! 

one unique part of this resort is that a member of the hotel staff comes by every night about 8pm and gives you a fine piece of Sun Valley chocolate wrapped in a golden box. I don't think it gets much better than this! 

My spring break was absolutely perfect!  Thanks family for letting me tag along on your trip! We made some fun memories! 

sorry there are no pictures! We were too busy having fun! 

No comments: