This year I had quite a special Easter experience. Last Friday at school we received an email from the secretary explaining that a lady from our school would be selling Easter lilies that day. The email went on to say that the children are attending our school and have been through a lot. The father was diagnosed with a brain tumor, had surgery, went into a coma and a year later is finally home but with no income and outrageous medical bills. My heart immediately went out to this family. The second thought I had was from general conference two weeks ago.
Elder Henry B. Eyring said: “…He and his wife were barely getting by on a tiny budget. But he saw another couple even poorer than they were. To the surprise of his wife, he gave help to them from their scanty finances. A promised blessing of peace came while they were still in their poverty.”
If you want to read Elder Eyring’s talk: "Adversity" it is right here: http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-7,00.html
I decided that I needed to help this family. Even though I was feeling a little stressed knowing that we still needed to pay Shaun’s tuition this month I knew that these people were much more in need and that Shaun and I could sacrifice going out to dinner or whatever we needed to help these people.
I bought two Easter lilies, one for Shaun’s parents and one for us. Each time I walk in the kitchen and see this Easter lily it brings me im
mediately to that family. I felt so much love for them becase I know they are being watched over. Just like all of us are being watched over and how grateful I am for the chance to help even if it was only a small amount.
Happy Easter!
p.s. I took these pictures myself!
5 comments:
Beautiful flowers. :) And so wonderful that you were able to help out someone in need!
What a beautiful Easter story. Thanks for sharing. Also, well done on the pictures. The lily is gorgeous!
Great pic. This story made me cry! You are such a tender murray :) love you
What a nice story. I really enjoyed this last conference - and love how it's all available online and that I don't have to wait for the Ensign to review it.
What a great story about love and sacrifice! Perfect for Easter, and what a beautiful lily!
Nicolette you are so great. Thanks for being a great example!
Hope you guys are doing well!!
Post a Comment