Sunday, December 7, 2008

a few of my favorite things

Christmas Season is here!!!! This year it has been so fun to actually decorate our own place for Christmas. Sorry if you are getting tired of looking at our house. That is about the only big thing that seems to change in our lives. Ü
Anyway, Shaun and I first began the process by pulling out what decorations we had. AKA, my box of stuff. Last year my sister gave us some fun Christmas balls. That was a great start. My mom also let us borrow a fake Christmas tree. Yea...2 for 2.
Then, we went through all of the random things I have collected. To put it nicely, most of these items were rejected...let's just say tacky teacher gifts! Their were a few keepers that I was not giving up. Shaun was good about letting me decide what I wanted to keep.



Santa srame...a gift from school last year! I Love this big guy and put a
picture of my family in there.



This was a gift from a coworker. It goes perfect in our bathroom vanity!


We can't leave out our nativity scene! This was a gift from my sister. I can't get over the little baby ducky. He is attached to the mom. Ü


Our Tree! I loved how it turned out!
When we were at Robert's Shaun fell in love with the little owls.
I was not too hot on them at first, but I gave in and bought him some for our tree.
When I went looking I literally bought the last ones in the store.
They wouldn't let me buy the one off of their display. :(
I really really love the baby owls. Shaun was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.




Now for the shelf...This shelf has been my favorite to decorate.
The tree on the left is SO cool. Shaun and I both loved it.
We got it at 50% off. Yea for coupons.

The only other requirement I had for Christmas decorations was berries.
We also found these strands on sale.





The final touch:
All through high school I was in a performing group. Each year we sang literally 40 + Christmas concerts all around the community. Although the extent of my singing right now is the ward choir, one of my favorite things is to have Christmas music playing all of the time. The song I added to our blog is Josh Groban's "Thankful" song from his Christmas CDs. Take time to listen to the lyrics and I promise it will put you in the Christmas spirit.
Merry Christmas to all!

5 comments:

Gary and Mauri said...

cute Christmas decor!! Want to come decorate my house?!?! :)

Jennifer Lyn said...

Your house looks so cute! Yes, the Gate City CD is one of the first things I pull out every year! Such fun memories!

Shaillé said...

Wow, great job - everything looks so great! I really like your shelf - I'm going to have to get one in our next house!!! And that is the funniest nativity set I've ever seen - too cute! Yay for the Christmas season - such a wonderful time of year!!

marquita chiquita said...

Awesome decorations! I love seeing pictures of your apartment, I'm one of those weird types that like to look at home decor and stuff...

We just got back to the States this week and are staying at my parents' place. Last night we put the Christmas tree. I just love the feelings at Christmas!

Nancy said...

Wow! What a beautiful Christmassy house!