Saturday, December 20, 2008

Do you have a hacker on your computer?

It's me (Shaun) again. I'm really excited about a new interent search engine called Chrome from Google. If you've already fallen asleep, wake up; I won't make this too boring :) . Just to make you aware, Internet Explorer (IE), which is used by 70% of population, is a great way for hackers to steal important informaiton from you. The latest and biggest problem in the history of IE has affected millions of users. Apparently there is a flaw in IE's software allowing hackers to infect your computer with a Trojan horse virus which scans your hard drive for personal information. This virus infects every version of IE to date, even IE 8 Beta 2. 

There are much better and safer search engines out there. I've used Mozilla Firefox for years and it has been better and much safer, but I dumped it two days ago for the best search engine yet. It's called Chrome from Google. It is a million times faster than IE and it has a simple interface. I put it on Nicolette's slow school computer. It was so slow that she had to check her email at home before she went to school. After installing Chrome her internet was faster than ever. She loves it too and feels it is so easy to use. For the safety of your online bank account information, and all of your user names and passwords, dump IE and treat yourself to Chrome. You can download it in seconds from http://www.google.com/chrome, and for more info go to http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html. To read more about the Trojan horse, here is a link for that as well http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24813650-661,00.html.

2 comments:

Christy Lou said...

Hey Shaun -
Good info to know - I use Safari all the time, I like it much better than IE.
Was it you and Nicolette that fixed up/cleaned up her parents computer so that it ran like new? I think you ought to come do that to my parents computer when you come down, this thing needs help lol!
Thanks again for the heads up on Chrome, I might have to give it a try :)

Brandt Lovell said...

I am a huge fan of Mozilla and Chrome. IE has released an emergency fix for the browser, but I'd still stick away from it like the plague.

If ya need anything in the computer world... let me know :)