Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Grandpa Lundquist's funeral/ Idaho visit

 My grandpa had been sick for a little while. He had a stroke and was "recovering" in the nursing home in Pocatello. My mom would go up there almost every day and spend time with him. He was also having some kidney failure. So although we were very sad to lose our Max, we are glad he is not suffering any more.
 I'm so grateful I was able to go to the funeral and to be reunited with some many family members that I haven't seen in so long (like decades)! 
 It was one of the most powerful, peaceful, spirit felt funerals I have ever been to. The talks were so tender, it was interesting learning more about my grandpa's childhood and young life, and my mom, SIL sarah, and Seleta did such a beautiful job with the music!
 This popped up on my scripture a day. I felt like it was perfect to describe my grandpa.
 Many 4th of July weekends we would spend at the "ranch" growing up, so it was almost even more perfect that the funeral was right after the 4th. We got to spend time up in the beautiful country remembering an amazing man!


 The girls and I got to ride with my dad!

 The girls did pretty well considering it was an ALL DAY affair. We missed not having daddy there!
 Cousin fun!
 The concert in the park! Free ice cream, free flags, so much fun!

 Kate caught a random foot fungus and was up most of the nights itching her feet. We had to spray them and then put socks on her feet.
 My sweet grandma!
 Uncle Tyson
 It was a little cold but we tried to swim :)






 Playing Wacky 6 is our favorite game! Had to fit it in! Just missing tyson and Brittni!

 Getting to know cousin Shad!
 Jospph was entertaining the girls playing piggy!
 Listening to music with Papa!
 My dad was so kind and took us back to the airport Saturday morning. The first flight was pretty good, but when we got to Dallas it was delay after delay. The girls were absolutely done traveling.

We finally made it home late late late, but feel so blessed we were able to reconnect with everyone. This was the first time all of my siblings and I have been together in a while. We sure miss them and really LOVE our family!

No comments: