The beautiful station!
Having a little "tea party" while we wait at the costume molding store
Claire's growing up too fast!
Hot summer days= lots of Popsicle
Swimming at Ms Heidi's pool! Such an oasis!
Trying figs for the first time...YUM!
Kate loves to sit in the little pink chair! Branch swimming party! Our branch rented out a local pool. We had a great time!
Claire's obsession...can't use the same spoon to eat different foods. "they are dirty."
Claire thought Daisey needed a makeup job.
Shaun taught a class this summer. He doesn't have a teaching appointment so this won't be a regular thing but this summer was unique. One of his students was from Iraq. He lived on the station for the summer with his family. Let's just say the language barrier was HUGE! It was a frustrating situation for Shaun but I'm so proud of him for being so patient. His wife did not speak any English, but Shaun wanted me to learn how to make baklava.They have 4 boys. The oldest one translated for us. Although I was kind of mad at Shaun for volunteering me for a big time commitment when I was already busy trying to stain and poly the kitchen cabinets, I'm really glad that I got to do it. Although we really couldn't communicate at all the love I saw in her eyes for her boys and her kindness to us was amazing.
several times they brought over food for us to try. It was delicious!
Kate found claire's underwear and put it on her head. She thought it was so funny!
Our weekly tradition of Shaun making Claire's GF bread. They make it together and it's delicious!
he neighbors/shaun's student for the summer!
I got to attend the temple with a bunch of RS sisters. So nice to have a little break from the everyday stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment