January has brought some fun new things for us. Claire started taking ballet class. She was really nervous and wasn't sure she even wanted to go. To get her there the first day I had to let her wear her rain boots. :) Her dance teacher is so so sweet and took her right into class.
She came out of class with a smile so I think we are good! We are excited to help her have some social opportunities.
Kate is now standing and pulling herself up everywhere she can! She can now reach the piano keys and loves to hear herself playing!
Kate is just the cutest thing! She is seriously so happy all of the time. She has this cheesy smile and is always smiling!
She's now 13 months old! She still scoots around faster than lightening!
Cute sisters!
Claire likes babies but she LOVES her mickey mouse clubhouse friends. Goofy has been the favorite lately. She's been taking such good care of goofy! She wraps him her blanket so he doesn't get "chilly," and then puts Kate's pacifier in his mouth. After he's all tucked in Goofy gets stories and songs from Claire. So cute!
When goofy doesn't have his pacifier Claire is holding his "milk cup" to his mouth because he is thirsty. Such a little care giver!
I never knew when I bought these friends a long time ago that they would be the coveted toy! Kate and Claire both LOVE these two friends. When Kate gets them she has this little laugh she does, almost like saying, "I got them!!!!"
My little artist!
Kate wants to do everything that Claire does. Claire's a great sport to let her join in!
Potty Training!!!
The last two weeks we have been working on potty training Claire. I read a few articles about how to potty train your child in 3 days! I definitely had unrealistic expectations...
The first few days were rough, and I really wondered if I had made the right choice in starting. I had felt that I needed to so I stuck it out! And one day it all started clicking. The last few days she has been going on her own without me having to put on the potty. Hooray!! Having hardwood floors definitely helped me keep my sanity!
There were a few incentives that seemed to help. Minnie mouse undies, a Mickey Mouse movie (she could watch if she went at least 2 times in the potty) skittles (for trying) and now we have a sticker chart. oh, and when we first started I had to make up a new mickey mouse song while she was "trying" to go. The first week I was exhausted...but it paid off and now we are doing great!
Celebrating at the Mexican restaurant!
I sure love these girls of mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment