We headed out Saturday morning for Cleveland.
We stopped and stayed with the Bills...Boyd and Allison! They are amazing and we are so glad we got to see them!
Right down from their house was some really cool christmas lights!
The white gazebo behind allison was this fun snow house! This is a picture of Claire on the inside!
It was a little cold but we enjoyed walking around and seeing the fun lights.
Let's not forget about Mrs & Mr Clause!
Kate (at 5 am the next morning)
The girls and I were pretty under the weather by this point. It was a rough night's sleep. Claire was sleep walking, talking, rolling all over. She was in the living room with us. Kate was in the bedroom and she was so stuffy she couldn't suck on her pacifier and breathe so she was up almost every hour. :(
After loading up we headed out. Our GPS said 13.5 hours to go...predicting a 10:45 pm arrival. We weren't set on driving through or stopping...just playing it by ear.
Well, about 30 mins after starting our journey back Claire starts throwing up AGAIN! Multiple times! Seriously, girl?! So as soon as we could stop we did. They only thing they had were windex wipes. I changed her, cleaned her up with baby wipes and then used the windex wipes to clean her carseat. I also went into the gas station looking for a bowl or something in case she needed to throw up again. They didn't have anything of the sorts. So I grabbed a big cup. I told the worker the situation and asked if I could have the cup. So Claire held the cup. She turned pretty green, too. So we watched lots of MIckey Mouse on the way home. Kate was pretty much tired of being in the car and not being able to stretch out.
We pushed through and arrived at 1 am. Shaun did most of the driving! Definitely grateful for that!
When we got home our heat would not turn on. It was barely 60 degrees in our house so we plugged in the little heater in Kate's room, loaded Claire with blankets and warmed up the rice bag for our bed. About 3:30 Shaun and I made it to bed. Phew!
I'm so glad we got to go to the graduation, to the Talbots, and see all of our friends along the way. We were so blessed with good roads, a smooth ride and lots of great family time. It may take awhile before I'm ready to go road tripping again, though. ;)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! What an adventurous driving trip for your family! You are SuperMom!! Glad you got to do some fun things and go to graduation!
Post a Comment