Claire is officially 6 months old! I can't believe it! This last month she has really "grown up" a lot!
First the stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 14 oz (4th %)
Height 25 inches
head: 41 centimeters
She is now taking baths in the "big tub!" And she LOVES it! I love watching her kick and squeal. But what I love most of all is her hair swaying in the water. It reminds me of when I would play with my barbies in the tub. We loved pretending they were mermaids.
Claire has also proven to be quite good at getting her right arm out of the swaddle wrap. Mostly we were keeping her wrapped so she wouldn't itch her eyeballs out at night. (We see the allergist on Monday)
But since she would work her arm out regardless of wrapping her in several layers I just started leaving her right arm out to begin with. Since she now loves to sleep on her left side she will go to sleep much quicker with not fighting the wrap. Ironically one day I left both arms out and it was a nightmare. So the one arm says wrapped for now. :)
She is now giggling and we cannot get enough of it! It doesn't seem to be consistent with what we are doing, she will just giggle randomly. She also started the "fake cough" and crazy noises.
She cracks me up!
Claire still LOVES books! Shaun and I read to her all of the time. This book is probably her favorite. This week she started responding with noises.
She seems to be learning new sounds all of the time. Her latest sound is "da." I love hearing her practice it over and over to herself.
She is still nursing every three hours around the clock. Some night she will go a stretch of 5 hours but then eat every two hours after that to make up for it. After we go to the allergist we can start solid food. Let the messy face/kitchen begin. Ü
We are loving watching this little girl grow up! She is still such a content child. Many comment that they have never even heard her cry. She usually just cries for a reason- which is awesome!
More to come on what else we have been up to...
4 comments:
Yeah for skinny babies!
So cute nicolette! She is getting big! I hope everything goes well at the doctors!
She is so cute I love seeing her squeek at the storys and all- so cute I love it! Such a dolly!
Oh, she's so dainty! At 6 months she weighs just slightly more than what my Georgia weighed at 2. She's a doll; you have every right to be bursting with adoration.
Post a Comment