Things have been going great around our parts. Lots of new things for us!
Musical Number
Shaun and I were able to do our first real musical number together in Church. I have accompanied him for hymns but this was a REAL musical number. I really really wanted to accompany him. When we moved to Ohio my mom gave us one of her pianos. It has brought a lot of joy into our home.
Anyway, I practiced and practiced and each night Shaun and I would dedicate a bit of time practicing together. We had three weeks notice and it turned out beautiful!! I really felt like I could follow him and that we were able to really bring the spirit into the meeting. It was AWESOME! After church Shaun was picking out another piece of music for us to start working on. :)
A little Spring
A new wreath to spring up our front door. It's not AS gorgeous as I wanted because I just used things I had around the house...(I really wanted to buy these beautiful large flowers but they were $3 a piece.) With that said, I still really like the end result.
Claire's first real taste of food
To make a long story short, Claire's doctor called Monday saying she had talked to the allergist and they decided that since her skin allergies have been doing so much better she didn't need to get tested until she is at least 12 months.)
So time to start rice cereal
She started excited
Not sure what to think
"This is what I have been waiting for?"
Shaun captured it on video but it is too long to upload.
Cooking
Shaun's schedule seems to be getting crazier by the minute so I've had to step it up in the kitchen. Before Shaun and I would make dinner together, lately it has been up to me. I've actually enjoyed making meals that are a little more exciting than tacos and spaghetti. A few of my friends told me about some great cooking blogs.
- mealplanning 101- Pictured above, Thai-inspired meat balls. This site is awesome because she plans out meals for the entire week. I also like how you can select a main ingredient and find all kids of recipes.
- our best bites
- Six Sisters' Stuff
Some other new things:
Claire has now found her toes! LOVE IT!!
She can roll from her back to her stomach. She is rolling all over the place.
And she is suddenly interested in tags. So fun!
Life is good.

No comments:
Post a Comment