We took our first "vacation" as a family of three at the beginning of October. My younger brother, Tyson, got married so we joined the festivities! Claire was about a month old at this time. I was a little nervous about flying and traveling with her but thankfully Shaun was able to join us so that was a HUGE help! We flew in Wednesday night at midnight and had to fly home Sunday so it was a very quick trip. Claire did great on the flights! She slept most of the time. I think it was a lot harder on me because I was so tired and didn't get much rest during the entire trip. But we still had an awesome time!
Thursday we spent the day visiting my old school in Spanish Fork and then had a Broderick family dinner.
Grandma Broderick
Can you see how tired I look?
Friday morning before the temple..
Shaun's parents drove us down to Manti and watched Claire sleep (she was amazing) so Shaun and I could be apart of the sealing. It was a BEAUTIFUL sealing. And such a cool experience to be in the temple with all of my siblings. We are so blessed!
Claire meeting Papa for the first time.
The luncheon...they are a great couple. I unfortunately didn't get too many pictures as I was more concerned about feeding and taking care of Claire. To see some amazing pics of the bride and groom click here.
After the great lunch we drove back to Brodericks house in Orem to pack and then drive to Pocatello. Lots of driving but it was great time spent chatting. My Brother, Ben, and his wife Sarah let us tag along. We stopped on the way to see my Great Grandma. She is 98 and so healthy. She just can't see hardly at all. She was thrilled to meet Claire.
Being is Idaho was so fun! I just love being "home!"
The reception was a lot of fun, too!
Claire with her Grandma. Claire was given the middle name Joan after this special lady!
Check out these fun dresses! My mom found them online. They were so cute! This is my sister and her daughter that is almost exactly a year older than Claire. Claire is getting some very cute hand-me-downs from her! Thanks Daphne!
My little brother is growing up too fast! He is now in third grade.
He even got to the point where he wanted to hold Claire.Ben's beautiful wife, Sarah.
Joseph loves playing with Shaun!
We were so sad to leave but had such a great time! On our travels home we had a very humbling experience. First, my brother Ben drove us down to the airport. Shaun had a great nap and I got some good one on one time with Ben. He really inspired me through our chat.
The humbling experience came on our first flight. We sat next to this lady who was from Tennessee. She was nice and thought Claire was cute. We made small talk for a few minutes but that was about all the interaction we had until the end of the flight.When everyone was exiting she handed Shaun a wad and said this is for your family. Then she took off and was out of sight. Shaun opened it up and it was a 100 dollar bill. NO WAY! Who gives a complete stranger a $100.
Well, we called my mom to tell her about this kind lady. The next day she called me and told me that Ben's wife, Sarah, felt inspired to pray for us that morning, that we would be taken care of since I am no longer working. Her prayer was answered by a complete stranger. I am still in shock and am so grateful for her kindness.
Shaun and I feel so blessed that we were able to spend this weekend with our families!
Sure love you guys!
3 comments:
Wow! What an awesome experience. Just shows that sometimes prayers are answered quickly and in very literal ways.
What a fun time we had. I am just sorry that Nanna didn't get a cute picture with Claire!
What a cool story from your flight home. Don't you wish you could find this lady and give her a big Thank you!? I am just amazed by good people like that. :) Beautiful wedding pics, too! And the the picture at Spanish Fork made me nostalgic. :)
Post a Comment