Monday, October 31, 2011

Claire's Blessing Day

The same weekend that Shaun's buddies were in town we blessed Claire. We really contemplated when and where to bless her. We thought about doing it while we were in Utah but since we were only there for a few quick days it wasn't going to work to get both families together. I really wanted it to be her special day not just an afterthought. Also, our ward here hasn't had a baby blessing in over 4 years so we felt it would be a very special treat to have it with them. When we found out that so many of Shaun's friends were coming we got permission to do it on Oct 16th so they could stand in the circle. It turned out beautiful! Claire was a perfect angel and didn't even make a peep. The blessing was very sweet and I could really feel the spirit. One of my callings is to direct the music in sacrament meeting. During the sacrament song (right after Claire's blessing) I felt so tender and the tears just started coming and wouldn't stop. So here I am leading the music and wiping my cheeks. I am just so grateful for her in our lives. She really brings me so much joy everyday. As I kept leading my tears were contagious as many in the congregation also started to tear up during the song. It was a very special meeting. 


Here are a few sweet pictures Allison took after church. Claire was starving so we didn't get any with just her but hopefully I can snap some one of these days. 


 This is the same dress that my sister and I were blessed in. Also, Claire got to wear little booties that were handmade by my Great Grandma who is still alive. 


Shaun's other friend, Jess, had to head home Saturday night but we were glad that Boyd and Jon could stay. 

No comments: