Monday, October 17, 2011

Projects

  Ever Since we moved in Shaun has had big plans for the side of our house...a garden! We knew that we would be in Chicago most of the summer so Shaun "loaned" our plot to a guy from school. Originally this guy was going to plant his tomatoes. Then he decided to plant the flowers for his research. This guy procrastinated and didn't get them planted until July. Shaun was hoping to put in the garden before Claire was born but kindly said this guy had until mid September. Shaun was getting anxious to get started. He had plans to build level tiers, etc. You can see the plots below. 
While Shaun was waiting he did a lot of digging to get the supporting boards in place. 
 Before:


Shaun even created a "picture" so we know exactly where everything is planted! Such a smart guy! 

After: 
I did help his move the top soil and get the plots leveled. Shaun planted some great fall crops and we are excited to have a great garden all ready to go for next spring. 

A girl in Shaun's lab is having a baby next month. She LOVED my car seat cover that Heidi made for me so I decided to try making one on my own. I am proud to say I finished this in 24 hours just in time for the baby shower. She isn't finding out the gender so I had to find material that would suit a girl or boy. I think it turned out great!  

I even made the straps without too much trouble. 


5 weeks old. They grow so fast! 

3 comments:

Seleta said...

WOW way to go you two! Lots of hard work thats for sure!

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

Now you guys need to come out and fix up our yard. Your car seat cover is very cute, but not as cute as Claire with all that hair. :)

Becky Newton said...

I love all of her hair, what a cutie! It sounds like things are going well for you guys, so glad!