Friday, September 10, 2010

baby...

Kittens

I came home from work one afternoon to discover 5 baby kittens living under our porch. They are so adorable!!
These aren't the best pictures because they wouldn't hold still. Imagine that. :)

The Momma cat is kind of the neighborhood stray. Apparently every year or so she has a new batch of kittens and people around the neighborhood adopt them. The Momma keeps them in the window well next door for safety when they are not playing under our porch.
Here they are sleeping all cuddled together. So cute! I am amazed at how different they all look from each other.

Emma is thinking of adopting two of them. How could you say no to a face like this?

Shaun is very allergic to cats so sad to say none of these will be joining our family. (I am secretly okay with this.) But it has been fun to see these kittens playing together and discovering the world around them.
If you want a kitten just let me know. Ü

2 comments:

Jess said...

I am glad to hear you are not joining the world of cat owners. Melissa can attest to my great dislike of cats (comes from being allergic), but regardless I think they are dirty sly little creatures.

Christy Lou said...

They are beautiful little kittens - that tri-color is gorgeous! How fun to be able to watch and play with them. It is probably a good thing I don't live there, or I would probably trap the mom and get her fixed before she had another batch. I'm just mean that way. Good thing they are tame enough to play with, or it would be a real challenge to find homes for them. Have fun :)