Saturday, May 29, 2010

why is saying good bye SO hard?

This week has been tough on me! I knew the day was coming when I would have to say good bye to so many of my friends and students. Spanish Oaks has really become my home. Every year until now I was so excited for summer break because I knew I would be back in the saddle shortly. But, this year was full of tears and goodbyes.


I am really going to miss these mountains!

This is the morning of the last day of school. I tried a smiling picture but it looked fake. This shows how I was really feeling...

Friends
The best secretary in the whole world!

More friends
and friends...I didn't get a chance to get a picture with as many people as I would because tears got the best of me.

This is the window from my classroom. I never thought that the saying would be so appropriate for my future, but it seems very fitting!
I have LOVED my six years at Spanish Oaks! Thank you friends for your kindness, love and support all of these years!

Even though goodbyes are hard I know Ohio will bring great opportunities for both Shaun and I. I'm sure I will have "transition" days but I am looking forward to our adventures.


6 comments:

Brooke said...

I KNOW that Spanish Oaks is going to miss you! My sister is so sad she can't get you for next year... Good luck in Ohio!

Christy Lou said...

Oh - I feel your pain! Leaving behind so many loved ones is painful! Especially when you have been in a place long enough to put down roots. Then those roots get severed. First, the small outer rootlets, then the bigger offshoots. Finally, the taproot gets chopped and you are left with raw, tender oozing wounds in your heart. And you would think that it would get easier with each goodbye, but no. It just gets worse.
Sorry. That came out a bit more dark and depressing than I meant it - I just meant that it's so hard because we really have made emotional connections, and just because we can't see them, doesn't make them any less painful to cut than physical ones.
Good luck - and though it won't make you feel any better, I'm with you on this. I say tonight, you and me have a long distance ice cream mourning splurge. Love ya!

Amy said...

Hi Nicolette! It was so hard for me to leave Spanish Oaks after just one year. I can't imagine how hard it must have been after 6. They will surely miss you there! Best of luck in Ohio.

Kari said...

Aw, good ol' Spanish Oaks! I'm sure they are going to miss you soooo much! I was sad leaving after teaching 3 years, but you've got some deep roots with 6 years of teaching there! I can promise you it WILL get easier... you'll soon fill your life with other exciting things, and teaching at Spanish Oaks will be beautiful memories you'll always have!

bonniedtanner said...

Nicolette!

I know exactly how you feel! My heart still aches for Spanish Oaks Elementary!

You are going to do so great and will touch so many poeple's lives in Ohio. . I just know it!

Love you.

Ashley said...

We are so going to miss you guys! I am sure it will be an awesome adventure in Ohio, but you better keep in touch!

Ashley and James