Sunday, May 23, 2010

Town home pics!


For those of you that don't know, Nicolette and I are purchasing a town home in Ohio. It is one UGLY place, but it just needs some elbow grease and a new makeup job. It has been a pseudo-frat home for a several years now. I would guess that there are about 4-6 guys living there currently. In other words, this place needs some serious cleaning. Cosmetic ugliness usually comes with a low price tag though, and it had been on the market for a very long time. It is way cheaper than renting, and we will be able to call it "ours."
Despite it's ugliness it really has a nice "home" feel to it. It is very functional and it is within walking distance of school for me. We were going to do before and after pics, but that would mean you wouldn't be seeing photos of our home for a least 6 months. Our Realtor took these photos and sent them to us. Everyone that we have shown them to has not been impressed :)
We are still excited though, and I think you will be blown away by the "afters" soon to come.


It very plain on the outside, but it's an end unit, only one wall with neighbors. I guess straight sidewalks are not very popular here in Ohio.
As my high school foods teacher always said, "This is a one-bum kitchen". It's only 8x8' from the OUTSIDE walls. We will probably be changing that. Check out that single-drawer dishwasher! I haven't seen stuff like that since England.

Here's a picture from the living room/dining room area looking towards the kitchen wall and front door. There is a nice pass-through window so that Nicolette can easily hand me out my breakfast/dinner every day while I sit at the table and read the newspaper. There are even shutters so that she can block out the rest of the house while she's cooking away.
Here are the Frat men now :) The curtains don't seem to quite reach the floor.
I think we know what they've been up to.
The basement has a trophy case! This will be perfect for all of Nicolette's teaching awards.

We get to keep the curtains and boarder. :) In fact, every single wall has some sort of wall paper. I declared Nicolette as the honorary wallpaper remover. Maybe I'll make her a plaque for the trophy case.
See, I told you it needed some serious elbow grease. This is way cleaner than our Utah apartment was when we first moved in.

3 comments:

Bombshell Char said...

Congrats you guys, I'm actually really excited for you, and I agree, it definitely has potential-a diamond in the rough if you will.

Have fun de-wallpapering! The rockiest patch in our marriage was when we painted/wall papered together!

Kari said...

Yay, I'm so excited for you guys!! It sounds like you have lots of plans for this place, and I'm sure it will be even more awesome by the time you two are finished!

I loved Shaun's commentary about the place, too funny!

And thanks for noticing the paper bag vests, Nicolette! :) It took me about 5 minutes to remember exactly where to cut, but then it all came back to me... :)

Taylor said...

Congrats on the place Shaun. It reminds me of another place that you used to live in. you really have a thing for living in dumps Shaun... : )