So all weekend long I have been thinking about past Easter weekends and the fun things we have done as a family growing up. I think the year that I remember really well is the year the Easter Bunny came twice, a kids dream, right? I was probably 6 or 7 at the time. That year for spring break my parents left us with my grandparents for the week and they went on a cruise to Mexico. I was such a Momma's girl I cried a lot that week. Well, Saturday rolled around and my Grandma told us she needed to "go into town," which is about a 45 minute drive. My older sister and younger brother and I piled into the car. The entire way my grandma was asking us "what the Easter Bunny 'normally' brought us." Once we got to the mall my Grandma left us in the car so she could run in and get a few things. She was trying to be really sneaky. It felt like hours sitting in that car. We were kind of suspecting something was up but didn't say anything to Grandma. Well, Easter morning came and sure enough everything we had named off in the car the day before was right there in our baskets. (what a sweet grandma). We went to church and my parents made it part way through. I remember crying and crying I was just so happy to see my mom. After we got home from church we headed into the living room and sure enough the Easter Bunny had come again!! My parents had brought us stuff and set it out during church! We couldn't believe our eyes! It was pretty amazing! I really appreciate my family always trying to make holidays special!
On a more serious note, I am so grateful for Easter. Although we can reflect on the Savior daily, Easter is a great time of year! I feel so blessed to know the truth that He did rise again! Death was not the end for him nor is it the end for us!
Happy Easter!
Love, The Broderick's!
1 comment:
That was the year we signed under the counter top, we should read that when were up this summer
Post a Comment