Sunday, September 21, 2008

fixing up the house Part II

So...we have had our house done for a while;
it is now time to share our hard work with all of you!

Check out the transformation:

Here are a few pictures of the "dirty work." Most of you know how much I HATE having clutter. At our house we call this "project mode" Project mode is when everything has to be out and Shaun leaves his tools and supplies everywhere. Don't worry, I still love him in project mode. Ü









As you can see I got the best job! I got to clean out
all of the vents. At our house there is no such thing
as doing a project halfway.


Before and After Pictures:

The kitchen looks about the same...just a new coat of paint.


The office:
Step 1-assess the damage
The previous owners seemed to like Cardboard brown. This picture doesn't do this ugly room justice. We knew the brown had to go!



Step 2: Patching the holes
I thought I hated cleaning vents. Patching holes was worse. Take a look at where these holes are. Shaun and I couldn't figure out why they needed so many random holes!




I mean, look at this horrible ceiling line. Shaun had to literally hand
paint along the ceiling line to make it look decent.
After!



The livingroom



After!!

Yes, this is the infamous ceiling fan!

Those of you that are thinking...they are so rich they have a beautiful painting on their wall. The truth is we found it on sale for 75% off because the frame was broken. Shaun decided to try and fix it and it turned out great!! A little Gorilla glue goes a long way!
Shaun's hands were sticky for at least a week! Next time maybe he will wear gloves.
Knowing my Husband, though. He will forget! Ü Did anyone notice that the curtains match the chairs
Shaun fixed? We had some extra material!


Before:
I know, a big wall should not have little pictures!
That was all we had at th moment... :(

After!!
We found this shelf at IKEA. Gotta love that store!!



This is the bedroom set we got over the summer
We found it at a retirement sale and couldn't believe
The deal!!! We both absolutely loved it!



Overall I learned some valuable lessons:
Shaun is very messy when working on projects.
Lows is NOT your friends.
Home Depot is great! We made friends with the paint mixer guy.
Shaun is very patient with my lack of experience in fixing up a house
Shaun and I have the same taste---So nice!!
The mess is worth the beautiful results.


9 comments:

tara said...

Hey that looks great. It's so fun to make a place your own. I might have to ask you for decorating tips cause you did awesome. Well, enjoy all your hard work.

marquita chiquita said...

Wow! your place looks great! I can't wait until we get a place of our own so we can do some fun stuff too! I really like what you did to the living room! I like the red.

Ben said...

WOW! Looks great!

Shaillé said...

Good job - everything looks great! I'm like you in that I can't stand clutter but then it's all worth it in the end! :)

Seleta said...

It turned out great- I am excited that you put up pic so we can see! It looks so nice. I love the picture- it is totally worth the glue.

Christy Lou said...

Looks fabulous! Don't you just love it? I think the projects are half the fun (demolition, and getting rid of the nasty stuff anyhow) but finishing is the VERY best part. Now I just need you to come decorate for me. :)

Josh, Darci, & Ainsley Bentley said...

Hey guys...your place looks awesome! Great job! Now you can just sit back and relax.

Chrissy said...

So fun to have found you! Looks like life is fun and exciting as always! Keep in touch!!!

Mandy said...

Hi Nicolette!!!

I just saw your comment on my blog (I'm a little slow). I'm so excited to hear from you! I'm so excited you got your man! He's cute!! Don't tell Nate I said that :) And I'm a little jealous you have a cute house! Anyway, I'd love to hear your love story sometime when you get a chance.