SPRING!
We have been cooped up way too long this winter! Finally things are starting to feel like Spring around here. We took advantage of a Friday evening that was beautiful. We grabbed a $5 pizza and I made Claire a GF mini pizza. We ate at the park and then Claire and Shaun played on the toys. It was so refreshing! (Top picture Claire eating her pizza) Top right is Claire in her car seat for our walk. She was so relaxed! Bottom right pic: Claire & Amelia. This year for Easter my entire family (through random events) was going to be in SLC together but us. I was feeling a little lonely. I tried to invite several families over for dinner but everyone had plans. My good friend Abby invited us over to join her big family dinner. It was so nice to celebrate with family even if it wasn't my own family. :) This was Claire's first time sitting at a "kid's table" for a meal. She didn't eat a thing. At least she had fun.
We had stake conference Easter weekend. Our stake center is about an hour away from us. Shaun attended the Saturday meetings and I stayed home with the girls. Kate was a little under the weather with her first cold (pretty good to make it though flu season as a newborn and not get sick) but still not fun. And Claire got a little too excited when going down the stairs and missed the last step. She sprained her ankle. Thankfully it was not broken, but man was it rough trying to comfort a sick infant and then help Claire settle down. She was so frustrated that she couldn't walk that she wouldn't do anything.
Sunday was a gorgeous day! SUNSHINE! Stake conference was really nice and we enjoyed the family time in the car. I didn't put Claire in her Easter dress because I knew we would be eating in the car...maybe this Sunday we can take another picture.
Easter Morning
Claire not standing on her "hurt foot." Shaun was taking the picture.
The weekend before Easter was our ward party at the OARDC. It was another beautiful day. We invited our friends (Amelia and her parents) to join us. We have to do missionary work, right? :) They are so sweet and Abby is having her second baby any week now. The girls had a blast picking up the eggs. This was Kate's first time in a big stroller. She was loving it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
CLAIRE update
Claire is seriously getting so big! She has really been a lot of fun! Here are some things I want to remember about Claire at this stageAge 2.5, weight 27 lbs, height
She is wearing 24 month -2T clothes.
favorite Shows- Curious George & Mickey Mouse Club house
Favorite "friend" - her monkey...she always says, "don't forget monkey."
favorite real friend- Amelia (We met her at the library during story time. They are exactly the same age, same birthday too.)
Favorite things to do: water color, color, bubbles, stickers, take pictures...She pretends her eraser board is a camera. She takes a picture and then draws what she took a picture of on her board. She also loves to "look at pictures" on mom's phone. Shaun got a flower magazine in the mail and she loves to look at it in her crib. She also LOVES to be outside doing chalk, helping Shaun in the garden. She loves to find random sticks and rocks. (just like her papa. jk) Go for walks and play "chase," which is kind of like tag.
Claire is awesome at playing pretend. The last few months she has decided that her fingers are "friends." She gives them voices, they go down slides, up stairs, need helping getting down from her milk cup, etc. She cracks me up. The only downside is if she remembers these friends in timeout. Most of the time if I even mention timeout she immediately shapes up. :)
Favorite outing: "Go shopping" and go to the Library. There is not much to do in our town. :)
Favorite foods: broccoli, casa dia's, sandwich with almond butter and homemade jam, chips, milk, noodles, grapes (like curious george eats) apple slices, and popcorn. She also gets really excited over chocolate chips and M&Ms.
Favorite treat: smarties. An older man at church gives Claire smarties every Sunday. We have to be to church an hour early because Shaun has meetings and we only have one car. She is so patient and knows she can eat them when church starts. That's a lot of self control. One Sunday she was just sitting there holding them during choir practice. She figured out how to untwist the end. I wish I could've captured the smile of accomplishment she had on her face! She was so excited. I let her sneak one.
Favorite song: My Favorite Things, from sound of music
Things she knows: Shapes, colors, numbers 0-20 counting, her letters, some of the letter sounds, how to spell her name, and how to spell mom & dad. She has the first article of faith memorized. She also knows a lot of songs...church songs and fun songs because we sing a lot. She can put on her own shoes and waits patiently on the sidewalk while I get Kate in the car before I get her in the car.
If I take the time to explain situations to her (which I usually do) she rarely has tantrums or issues. She just says, "okay mom." For example, if she asked for her water in the car. Then I say, "I'm sorry Claire, last time you had your water in the car you spilled it everywhere so you can have your water once we get home." She responds, "okay, mom." Such a sweet girl!
Funny things she says:
"mom, make a lap." meaning cross your legs so I can sit on you.
If we say, "Okay Claire." She says..."not Kate, Claire." She thinks when we say Okay or K we are saying Kate.
We sure love our sweet and dainty girl!



1 comment:
Claire is getting SO big. And cuter every time you post new pictures. I do think she and Kate look like sisters, but Kate does look more like you!
And what a little smarty pants Claire is too!! You go, Momma! I feel like I've slacked off with #3, so I need to get Elle up to speed.
I wish Boise would have worked out for Shaun!! :( Just means something better is out there for ya! Hope it happens soon for you!!
Post a Comment