Thursday, February 20, 2014

February Fun

Claire is cracking us up lately! I definitely need to record these things before she's on to the next stage of growing up. 
 She loves her friend, Amelia. It is fun to see them starting to play and interact with each other. 

 So much snow!!! Claire loves it because she has her little sandbox shovel she calls her, "sweeper." She also likes to play on our back deck. It doesn't have stairs and is completely enclosed so she can go to town! 
She also LOVES to stand on chairs now. She has to get her chair out to look outside, to climb on the couch, and to watch me make dinner in the kitchen. If she falls off of it she climbs back on and gets off again the right way. So funny! 
 These are things I hear everyday! 

Claire's favorite things...Her talking pooh bear, playing with her house, holding Kate, and reading stories!  
Let's not forget about this cute girl! She just starting smiling and I LOVE it!  
Valentine's Day was so much fun! Auntie sent us some darling clothes! Claire was so excited for her owl shirt and Kate's hearts were just adorable! 
Claire also got to decorate her first sugar cookie. The Gluten Free mix I got was a disaster. I tried to roll it out and and make hearts and the first batch turned into big blobs. So I just made circles and she didn't know the difference. She enjoyed frosting and eating it. The first time she picked every single sprinkle off the cookie before she would eat it. 

Recent Conversations: 

Me: "Claire, do you want any more popcorn?"
Claire: "No, thanks, I'm good." 

Claire: 
"Thumbs up dude!" 

"Bye Dad, See you later...come home for lunch." (Every meal is lunch.) 

If Kate is crying she says, "It's okay, Kate, Mom's coming." 
Then she says, "Mom, Kate needs some milk." 

or, "We are almost home, Kate." 

She is always trying to get us to sing more songs or read more stories before bed..."one more, then bed." 

When I ask her if she wants to go potty in the toilet, "No, mom and dad go potty in the toilet. Claire wears number 5 diapers and Kate wears number 1." *Hoping to change that very soon! 

Her must haves to go to bed are still, monkey and blankey. The two things I replaced her pacifier with. 

We sure love our big girl Claire! 





1 comment:

Kari said...

Aw, Claire is getting so big. Isn't it fun when so much of their personality comes through in the cute things they say? And Kate is just a doll!!

K, my fingers are crossed for you that Simplot works out... that sounds like an ideal location! ;)