Our 4th of July turned out to be so much fun! I absolutely LOVE this holiday! Not only do I love my country and am so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy, but I love BBQing and get together.
The morning started off with a ward breakfast. Shaun had to leave at 6:30 am to get things cooking. I had to make a couple of bows for these cute girls.
Christina & Sarah (6 months) ...Claire is almost 10 months.
Christina and I had already been planning a BBQ for later in the afternoon. While we were at the ward breakfast different lady in our ward invited us to her house/pool...
So we moved the BBQ to the pool! I was beyond excited. It was 95 degrees plus major humidity.
Claire had fun with Shaun in the pool.
Keeping cool
Sarah wouldn't get in the water until Claire was there to show her that it's fun. :)
The family that own this pool actually built it themselves. Their back yard is seriously an oasis. They have a covered deck area for BBQing and lots of seating. It was seriously so much fun.
While I was helping with the food, Jenny was kind enough to play with Claire. Claire was quite the entertainer with her clapping, smiling, and cheering. :)
It's interesting that one of my favorite fourth of July songs is, God Bless the USA. When I taught first grade we would teach the kids this song. It honestly made me tear up almost every time they would sing it. This year it seems to pull more on the heart strings as I think of the many who lost their homes in the recent fires. I am so grateful for those who sacrifice so much for our freedom!
If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I'd worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.





1 comment:
I definitely just teared up reading the lyrics to that song. Gives me goosebumps and also makes me feel so blessed to live in this amazing land! Little Claire is such a doll. Glad you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment