Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Quarantined

Claire was *lucky* enough to contract the hand/foot/mouth virus. I have no idea where she picked it up, but this past weekend was rough! It started out as a fever of 102. (Her first official fever over 100.1) and then the lovely sores started appearing. Unfortunately the pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. The HFM virus is in the same family as chicken pox but the sores aren't as itchy. She is slowly getting better but we have been quarantined for a few days so we wouldn't spread the love to our friends at church. 



It was so sad, at night she would just scream and cry...which is not like her at all. So we spend a lot of time snuggling. At one point she wanted both Shaun and me with her. If one of us left the room it was a complete meltdown. :( 


Even though the sores are still raging she is smiling again, which is a great sign! I've heard this virus is making it's way around so I hope it doesn't end up at your house. 


4 comments:

Kari said...

Oh now! Poor Claire! Nate was just talking about how HFM is raging around here too! Such a bummer that you have to be quarantined, but other moms will be SO grateful!! :)

I randomly ran across this website about a woman who cooks for her family with food allergies. I'm sure you've seen lots, but thought I'd share: http://willingcook.com/

Gary and Mauri said...

Oh, SO sad :( We have never had HFM in this house, but Kyri did get the chicken pox about 2 weeks before her 1 year appointment, when she could have gottne the vaccine. It was the same situation and we had NO clue where she got it from....we didn't know ANYONE else in the area that had it. It is always so sad to see your babies sick and in pain. Glad she is starting to feel a little better :)

Lesley said...

So sad. Our kids got it last year, and it was SO sad because the only place Ella had those dreaded bumps was in her mouth. And she was in so much pain that she didn't talk for two days and just ate popcicles. It's awful! And it's one that I think people spread easily because they don't realize their kids have it. It took two days before we noticed Ella's mouth, and Jonesy only ever got a few bumps on his hands and feet, but they were really subtle. I hope she's feeling better!

Bombshell Char said...

Your poor baby just seems to have all the luck. I'm sorry to hear she's not well, and good luck to all of you staying sane through a quarantine!