December this year has been different for me. I love getting into the holidays and this year just seemed to be lacking Christmas cheer. I really missed being around the children (at school) because they get so excited about Christmas. Also, we only got a skiff of snow before Christmas and it was about 50 degrees all month.
Anyway, I decided to make it special by talking Shaun into doing some of my families traditions.
These activities really helped me get into the Christmas Spirit.
Claire dressed up for Church-
This is the fancy dress Claire got for my Brother's wedding in October. It fits her much better now.
Caroling at the rest home with great friends.
Claire fell asleep while we were singing. The residents loved seeing her.
Making treat plates for friends. Shaun took an entire Saturday to deliver treats. It was really fun to stop by and share some Christmas cheer.
I made the ginger snaps and pumpkin bread. Shaun made the fancy things: English toffee, and homemade Sables (the pretzels and spirals) They were delicious!
The 12 days of Christmas for Shaun.
I decided to help Shaun count down for Christmas by doing the 12 days. I kept it very simple but fun. Some of things are things he uses everyday like toothpaste, deodorant, freshly clean sheets. Others were phrases to go with his favorite candy. I think it was a success!
More December updates coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment