Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving I had a lot of mixed emotions. For some reason I was feeling really nostalgic for the Thanksgivings I had growing up. Being at the "ranch," my grandparents house in Swan Valley, Idaho, playing in the snow with my cousins, and eating my aunt's delicious rolls. Have you ever had those days where you want to be the kid again? 
Thankfully my sister and her cute family were able to join us for Thanksgiving! My cousin also came for a few days. Our weekend was full of lots of cooking, eating, playing with the kids, catching up, and playing some wackie six (a card game). It was so awesome to have visitors! I am looking forward to the day when Claire will be able to play with her cousins. Daphne is just a year older than Claire. They will be great buddies in a few years. :) We tried to get some pictures of them in their matching outfits. 

 Daphne ready for a nap...
 Claire ready for a nap 

 This picture says it all with Daphne walking away. :) 
 Shaun was our head chef for Thanksgiving weekend. It was nice having our kitchen done so we could make some of the food ahead of time. We were reminiscing on how last year right before my sister and her family arrived shaun had just dumped his entire bag of tools on the floor to organize them. My sister arrived an hour sooner than planned. Shaun told me this year he could empty all of the kitchen drawers if I wanted... no thanks!
 I tried to wash the dishes as Shaun was cooking so there would be less clean up at the end. I don't think I was this smiley by the end of the day but the delicious food was worth it!
 the Dr. performing surgery. 
 We went on some great walks. Collin LOVED seeing the "digger."
 My sister and her family. She has lost over 50 pounds and is looking awesome! I am so proud of her!
 Daphne and her bear. She loves the stroller. 
 my cousin, Christy, making peanut butter balls. Delicious! 
 A little football doesn't hurt either. 
 Playing at the Rubbermaid store. 
The park was a hit too! 

Thank you for making our Thanksgiving so great! Seriously, we feel so blessed to live within driving distance of family. It makes it much easier to be away from "home." After Seleta's family got home Collin said, "get in daddy's car and go back to Auntie's house." SO cute! I'm so glad they had a great time with us! Can't wait for Christmas in Rochester!

p.s. a big thanks to Shaun for making some amazing food. He really went out of his way to make me a yummy pumpkin pie and coconut cream pie since last year the recipes we used weren't that great. This year the pies turned out amazing! Thanks honey! 

2 comments:

Bombshell Char said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds really similar to ours; we went to Boston to spend it with my sister's family, we were the chefs (no real adults there to make the food for us) Amelia and my sister's little girl were cute cousins and Pete made some of the world's best pies. And Amelia has that green spotty shirt too!

Oh, and I thought your sister looked fabulous. I'm totally jealous!

Aimee said...

I love seeing all your pictures!! Claire is darling!