Shaun surprised me with a quick trip to Utah and Idaho to visit both of our families! It was so fun to see everyone. After I got home I realized I didn't get as many pictures as I had wanted but here is a good summary of the trip.
One of my great friends, Susan. We went to a place called "The Chocolate." doesn't that cake look delicious? It was!
I enjoyed a few morning walks looking at the beautiful mountains! I sure miss the mountains!
Sterling and Michelle used to be our neighbors in Utah. They have since moved to St. George but were kind enough to drive up to visit. I got to meet their sweet little Emma! And we ate at Chen's Noodle House. Definitely a highlight!
Shaun's niece is almost a graduate of Paul Mitchell. I got a much needed hair cut from her while I was in town!
Shaun's mom and I also went and did a session at the Provo temple. It was awesome and I even made it through the entire session without feeling like I was going to wet my pants. Bonus!
Lots of playing= very swollen ankles. :(
I also got to meet up with Beth, an old friend from my last school. We ate at Kneaders...also something I have been missing!
Shaun's nieces Missy and Alicia made baby girl a darling blanket. (Alicia wasn't here when we took the picture) It is so cute!
we also had a big Broderick BBQ the night before I left for Idaho. It was great seeing all of Shaun's family. it was really kind of them to make such an effort to see me. :)
My Brother and his Fiance were heading to Idaho for father's day weekend so they were kind enough to give me a ride up. We stopped in Logan to visit my good friend Jen. We are both due with our babies on the SAME DAY. How crazy is that?
I got to see several other friends but my camera didn't make it. Also, the day after I got to Utah my phone died so I didn't get to see everyone I was hoping to, mostly because I had no idea what their phone numbers were. So if I didn't contact you please forgive me...
Idaho
Sunday we had a great father's day. My grandparents from Swan Valley came down for dinner and it was beautiful weather!
On Monday my mom put together a baby shower for my family and friends. It was so fun to see everyone! I got some adorable clothes!
My aunt Leisa and a couple of her daughters.
This was the spread! Yummy fruit, veggies, and Costco cookies. YUMMY!
At this point my camera batteries died.
Tuesday was my mom's birthday. My Brother, Tyson, and his Fiance Brittani made her this awesome cake that looked like a tennis court, net and all. Too bad I don't have a picture of it. We had a great day going to a movie, shopping, and getting ice cream from our favorite, The Tastee Treat.
It was a wonderful visit! It was so nice catching up with everyone. Thanks Shaun for such a nice surprise! My brother is getting married in October so if everything goes well with the baby we are hoping to visit and maybe Shaun can come this time! Fingers are crossed!
2 comments:
Love the pic and the stories. You and Jen are just darling! also I totally want a piece of cake now... Can't wait to play with you!
Sorry I missed you while you were here, but it looks like your days were pretty full. You look fab (better than I do--and you're further along than I am) but I'm totally feeling the swollen ankles thing. Love being preggie in the summer.
Post a Comment