Monday, May 23, 2011

Surprise Baby Shower


What a surprise! Last week one of my co-workers told me they were going to have a little breakfast before school for me. I figured it was something with the baby but I didn't expect a full blown shower!! 

 (25 weeks along)

This is what I saw when I arrived. This HUGE display of board books. On the other side of the room was a fancy breakfast all set up. (I didn't get a picture of the breakfast but it was beautiful! 
If that wasn't enough several people also brought other surprises for the baby. Adorable clothes, a big basket full of baby necessities, a cuddly blanket, and even more books. 



Leeann and I work as math coaches and she was the one who coordinated all of this fun stuff! 
  


Wow! Seriously this was such a nice gesture! I have only worked with these ladies this one year and they have really taken me in. To think this time last year I was packing up my classroom to move across the country. This year I am packing up my room to start a new adventure in the fall...motherhood. Ü I don't know what is more scary, a new baby or a classroom full of new first graders. I will let you know. But in the mean time Shaun and I are getting very excited for our little one to come. Only about 100 days of pregnancy to go. 

4 comments:

Kari said...

That's so nice! You'll love all those board books too!

I'm so excited you are having a little girl... I'm sure she'll be as beautiful as her mom!

Amy said...

That was so nice of everyone. I bet you will miss them when you aren't working with them anymore. Baby showers are so much fun.

Danielle said...

Nicolette, hey it's Nancy's sister Danielle. Just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to see that cute little girl coming. Good Luck!

Sterling and Michelle said...

That's so awesome. Baby stuff is so cute. Hopefully not too much pink for Shaun. :)