Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 3: The Bedrooms

The Master Suite before...

Such nice Buttercream colored curtains. The walls were so dirty (remember the smell?) :( 
Lots and lots of brown trim everywhere. The worst part about these rooms is that they had a light switch with no overhead lights. I was constantly trying to turn on the light and nothing was turning on. The switch controlled the outlet just below the window. Why would anyone plug in a lamp right in front of a window?
Check out the carpet...from far away it just looks out of date. In reality, it was disgusting!! Also, do you see the lovely wallpaper border? This was a stubborn thing to get down. After trying various wallpaper removers and home remedies, we found that the best and cheapest way to remove wallpaper was to use plain old water in a spray bottle.
Carpet's out and the closets are painted. We painted the walls a warm, golden cream color. The ceiling also got a fresh coat of white paint. At this point we were living in the office in a huge mess.
We had an electrical box installed so I could put in an overhead ceiling fan. The white closet doors also help to brighten up the room.
This new carpet smells way better.

Now for the office: BEFORE
It was so dark all the time without overhead lights. These curtains hung all the way to the floor.

Look at how dirty the ceiling was right around the edges. The white paint helped to lighten up the room. How is Nicolette alway so happy when she is removing wallpaper?
If you look closely, you can see a line of dirt just below the scalloped edge of the boarder.
It's a little cluttered, but here is our office. We had to pick up a new desk because we lost the brackets to our old one in the move. We also put in a ceiling fan and painted the walls a nice neural pink.
We're going to have clear out the clutter soon though, and transform the office into a nursery :) !!!! (We might have to repaint it depending on the gender.)
September 4th is coming very soon. Nicolette is already 15 weeks along. Time to put up a baby counter.


20 comments:

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Yay, congrats you two! Can't wait to meet baby Broderick!

Alexa said...

So exciting!!

Seleta said...

oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, are we excited!!! and btw was loved the house too!

Brooke said...

Congrats! I had to read it twice, and scroll down to other posts to make sure I didn't miss something! The house looks great. You are so on top of things, you already have a crib! Can't wait to hear more.

Linda said...

Congrats!! Very exciting! Get ready for the greatest adventure ever! :-)

Kendra said...

Awesome! Congrats! Let me tell you how I look at all the stuff you are doing to your house and I want to do the same stuff...but alas we cannot, but your makeovers look great! Our babies are so close! Mine is due at the end of August!

Meredith Carlson said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!! SOOO excited for you guys!! Seriously so happy. :) You'll be the best parents ever. Love you and miss you so much! (And awesome job on the renovations...Looking good!)

Kari said...

What what what!!! YAY! So exciting, congratulations! Hope you are feeling good Nicolette!!

Whitney said...

Hooray! Congratulations on having a baby. I am so excited for the two of you! You will be fantastic parents.

Andrea said...

Congrats, very exciting for you!

Kristen said...

Congrats! We are super excited for you two!

marquita chiquita said...

whoa!! Talk about huge surprise at the end. I was innocently reading about your awesome renovations and then BAM! Your pregnant! ahaha! Huge Congratulations to the both of you!!

Jill said...

Congratulations, Nicolette and Shaun! We are so excited for you two! Considering how well you make a home together, we can only assume the baby you're making is something quite extraordinary. Couldn't be happier! Yay!!

Amy said...

Hallelujah! Can you hear the music? I have goosebumps. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!!!! How exciting. And by the way, every time I look at your home makeover projects, it makes me want to do mine! You're doing fabulous work.

Tucker's said...

Whaooo! I'm so excited! Our kids will only be like 3 months apart :) Fun!
PS the house is looking great!

Nancy said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. How are you? I haven't talked to you forever!

Bombshell Char said...

D'aaahhhh! Congrats so much you two!!! I know this is an answer to prayer, and a HUGE leap of faith, but you will LOVE being parents. Especially in such a lovely, clean newly remodeled house!

Jennifer Lyn said...

Congrats! What a fun way to announce it to blogland. :) Good luck and I hope you are feeling okay Nicolette!

Gary and Mauri said...

CONGRATS!! You will be such a fabulous mother, Nicolette!! I am just SO happy and excited for you!!

Nancy said...

Nice announcement! ;)

Congratulations, guys!