Now that our upstairs bathroom was finished, we needed to make a bathroom usable for the guests. Our half bathroom is on the main floor next to the front door. This bathroom needed some desperate help! The wallpaper alone was such a mess. We kept finding layer after layer of wallpaper from years ago.
Before:
I felt like I had walked into a house in the country... all the wood accents and the old tiny sink with the silvery plumbing corroding below. The faucet was so short that when you washed your hand you couldn't avoid touching the sink.
You can't see in the picture but the toilet tank was leaning against the wall. I was always worried the tank would just break off at any moment.
We found a goldmine of wallpaper behind the toilet tank. There were 5 layers of wallpaper in total. The crazy thing was when we removed the heart wallpaper, we found a small note, "paper by Sandy U_____ Wooster, OH" with a date written on the wall. Would you have guessed "5-1-07"! I'm sure when she wrote that note she intended the wallpaper to stay up for more than 3 years.

Can you see all of the layers of wall paper?
hearts, plaid, another tan pattern, and finally
the last layer...butterflies that was shiny like
aluminum foil...oh wait, there are more harts underneath the aluminum foil.
AFTER: So refreshing!!
We removed the wooden frame from the old mirror, but while the rest of our house was under construction, it broke. We found this mirror at the restore instead.
We love the new toilet. The tank is nice and secure on this one.
We found the sink cabinet at Lowes for an awesome deal! The hardest part was fitting it into my little Toyota, with the backerboard for the tile, and the paint cans:)
Yeah for having two working bathrooms!!
6 comments:
Wow! Your renovations are amazing. You guys are doing a great job. I love following them on your blog.
It looks awesome! Nice work.
VERY NICE once again. Good work!
you both are truly amazing! What hard work. I'm glad we got to enjoy it!
So cool! I wish you could come and redo our apartment bathrooms. I can't wait to see more!!
You guys do such an awesome job! It looks like so much work, I'm sure you LOVE how it has turned out. Keep the pictures coming, I can't wait to see the kitchen!
Post a Comment