Tuesday, February 1, 2011

frozen over...literally



Shaun and I woke up to our first "ice storm" this morning. This was definitely very mild compared to storms Ohio has had in the past. (we still have power, etc.) At first when we looked out the window it didn't look like anything besides a cold morning. However, when we got a close look at the car it was obvious there was more to it. It took our neighbor 45 minutes of thawing her car just to drive it to campus.
School was cancelled for me so I have been enjoying some catch up time around the house. We are supposed to get hit again tonight...more ice in the forecast. Spring never seemed so far away. I think I will be making soup for dinner!

5 comments:

Ginny Connelly said...

Does it make you miss Utah?? We've had a very cold winter and even one snow day...awesome for Utah!! But nothing like ice storms. Good luck!

Jennifer Lyn said...

Oh ice storms! I remember those. They are intense. I always thought they looked really cool, like a fairy land outside. Definatley unique to the midwest. :) Hope it thaws soon for you.

Allison and Boyd said...

Your first ice storm! We really didn't get anything up at our place. Boyd was saying only the bumper of the car was frozen. But it did make me happy that school was closed today!

Linda said...

Wow! I've never experienced an ice storm and I don't think I want to! Those pictures are crazy!

Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your grandma!! She is so kind and loving to everyone she meets. She told me that she was praying for me to get a baby, which was so sweet of her. It was neat to see her at the funeral and see her so happy for me to get a baby. She has such a tender heart! You are lucky to have her!

Allison and Boyd said...

I thought, "No big deal. I don't have school so no worries." Then, the next day came, and I needed to chizzle out my car get to school. It took me a half an hour just to do the windshield. ~Boyd