Sunday, November 14, 2010

In need of a new cell phone...Please Help!

Nicolette and I had a very long Sunday afternoon nap and now I can't fall asleep. So I'm posting a blog because I'm in need of a cell phone. I purchased a new cell phone back in March but didn't activate it because I was given another phone to use. I thought I would use the gifted phone until I broke it, or it stopped working. That phone broke, and I activated my new phone. It is useless. I plug it in all night, but it will begin beeping at me for 4-5 days saying that the battery is dying until it finally just dies.

Maybe I should go back to the golden age of home phones...
Okay, maybe not.

I'm on a pay-as-you-go phone plan where I get 1,200 minutes and 1,200 texts for $29.95 a month. The carrier (Page Plus Cellular) uses Verizon's network and requires what is called a CDMA phone. It's a cell phone that doesn't require a SIM card.

I just need a CDMA phone that does 2 things: lets me make clear phone calls, and lets me send text messages. Lots of people have old phones just lying around their house and in drawers. If you have one, I would love to buy it from you.

OR,

If you can recommend a reliable, durable CDMA phone for me, that would be great. I would prefer one that doesn't have an antenna sticking out of it. I don't need any bells or whistles. It doesn't need to count my steps, have a QWERTY keyboard, double as a breathalyser, store my family photos, run Apps, call my wife automatically when I say "honey", or even have an electric toothbrush attachment. Just plain and simple will do the trick for me.

3 comments:

Baby Sister said...

You and I are so totally different in that regard Shaun...

Good luck with the phone problem. I'm saving up for my very own iPhone looking phone with all the bells and whistles I can get. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Shaun,

"How does Noelle have so many followers? Does she beg for them?"

Rude! Is it so hard to believe that people actually like what I write?

:)

Ben said...

So Nicolette, there are a few places to look for a phone. I have gotten several phones off ebay with luck. I may have an old one in pocatello if it has not been thrown away. I do have several GSM phones. I will see what i can come up with.

Ben