This year for Thanksgiving break my sister and her family came to visit us. She currently lives only 6 hours away so it was great to be with family! Shaun and I had SO much fun having them here. Our house was not completely done (i.e. we still have trim to attach, and some more caulking to do) but it was close enough. :) You may see some sneak peaks into the finished kitchen.
Seleta and Brett's son, Collin, loves to go, go, go. One day we took him to the Rubbermaid store. The third floor has a huge area where kids can play on the slides, cars, etc. He was in heaven.
Thanksgiving dinner turned out great thanks to my husband who is an amazing chef! Shaun cooked most of the food and it was delicious.
Our neighbor, Emma, and my cousin, Christy, also joined us. Christy was able to stay a few days. We had a great time eating and playing games!
My man cutting the turkey. I remember a long time ago that my Grandpa always cut the turkey with his electric bread knife. Anyway, if you look closely you can see some of our new amazing kitchen. Soon I will post pictures of before and after so you can really appreciate the end result. :)
We also enjoyed some football. This is Brett relaxing!
I got to feed and hold Daphne a lot! She is such a sweet baby and so easy going! It was fun to get to know her better, too.
I also got some great Auntie time in with Collin. He loved to play cars with me. He would even sit on the couch by me for a solid fifteen minutes just reading books.
I can't believe how quickly this weekend came and went. It was so fun to spend it with family and friends. Even though we still missed seeing ALL of the family, it was a wonderful holiday. One of my favorite parts was during Thanksgiving dinner when each person went around and said something they were thankful for. I know Shaun and I are so blessed! Even though moving to Ohio has been challenging in some ways, we are being taken care of in every way.
1 comment:
Wow, congrats on hosting Thanksgiving dinner. You are a brave woman, even if Shaun did most of the cooking! And I love the bits of the house I can see. Excited for pictures!
Post a Comment