Hello! Meet my new best friend Gemma! AKA my GPS! Out here in Ohio I cannot find anything. I can't even figure out what direction I am driving since there is not a large mountain range to my east. :) Thankfully Shaun had some insight that we may need something like this in the future and bought Gemma this past January for our anniversary. We nicknamed her Gemma and she is the most reliable friend! She has helped to eliminate a lot of potential frustration. Thank you Gemma for getting us to Church and wherever else we need to go. :)

My next new discovery is lightning bugs! I am so fascinated by them. After 9:30 PM every night we can go out watch these creatures light up the night. They are SO awesome! One night I was out on the deck and one flew up right by me. All of a sudden it's bum just lit up this bright yellow greenish color. It was so great to see it so up close and personal!

Last night some ward members put on a Lightning Bug Party in their back yard. We had 'smores and got acquainted with some new people. Everyone is just so friendly here in Wooster. Once it started getting dark the kids ran around like crazy with their nets catching the lightning bugs and putting them in a jar. It was cute to watch some kids just release the bugs right away and other kids trap as many as they could catch. It was a fun event!

If you ever get a chance you have to see lightning bugs! You won't be disappointed!
3 comments:
How much fun you are having. Thanks for keeping us posted. I love the photos!
I had to chuckle as these are the same things my cousins & every other visitor we had from out west always said.
Welcome to the East Coast!
Lightning bugs are the best insects EVER!! I love them - and have to admit - I join right in with the kids running around and catching them. So delightful!! I hope they have some wherever I end up :)
I have also decided that if I end up going east, I will have to get some kind of GPS, because I will be lost in a heartbeat and in big trouble! Glad to hear you are having fun :)
Post a Comment