For those of you who don't know about the actual defense part (like me before Shaun came along.) this is the process. First, his mentor professor introduced him and gave a little background about Shaun. Then Shaun had about 30 minutes to present his research, findings, etc. Then the general public can ask him questions about his work. After that portion they send the general public away and close the doors. At this point, his committee can ask him ANY question they want to. It doesn't even have to relate to his project. Basically any science question out there is fair game. (Yikes!!) They grilled him for awhile and then they send him away while they discuss if he should pass, etc. Well, they loved him and he did great! One professor on his committee said on the way out, "well that was easy." Shaun asked his mentor what that meant and he said that his thesis was well written and needed very few changes. What a compliment! Many thanks to the many people who have helped Shaun get to this point! His lab buddies have been a great help to him! Along with family and friends! Thank you for support!!
You may be asking what is next?? He is currently looking into PhD programs and we will see where it feels right for us to go. I am very grateful for the time we have had in Utah. Shaun's master's program has been such a blessing in our lives. Though at times it hasn't been easy, we have really been helped along the way!
Good work Shaun! I am so proud of you!!
5 comments:
Congrats Shaun! We are so excited for you! Way to go!
if i was their i would have asked you why the don't make seadless strawberrys!
They have created seedless strawberries.
So shon you keep avoiding my question about you coming to Purdue. Does that mean you aren't coming? Good job on the defense.
Hey Nicolette....I just had to stop by (as I saw that I had a few hits on my site from the link you posted around Valentine's Day).. My husband and I served in the Single's Ward with Shaun's parents a few years ago in Provo! I saw the name Broderick and was interested..then I saw a picture of Shaun and knew for SURE he was a Broderick--they have a close family resemblance! Anyway, please tell "Bishop and Sister Broderick" hello from Mike and Cher Castle! Thanks....glad you enjoy my blog! :)
Post a Comment