Saturday, February 13, 2010

a little of this and a little of that...

Where does the time go? This month is really flying by. I can't believe it is mid-February. You may be wondering if we fell off the planet. Not so much, things have just been super busy. So here is an update on what we have been up to.

Nicolette:
  • keeping 22 first graders in line
  • trying to make the transition from Enrichment to Relief Society Meetings = lots and lots of training and planning meetings.
  • Teaching a praxis prep class on Thursday nights
  • Getting my hair sucked up into a vacuum cleaner - (Check facebook for juicy details)
  • Survived another round of Parent teacher conferences
  • Learning how to use my new sewing machine. Love it!
Shaun:
  • Finishing his first scientific paper for publication- SO COOL!!
  • Submitting his Master's thesis - (I am so proud of all of his work!)
  • TA ing and sometimes teaching a bio 100 class.
  • grading lots of bio 100 research papers.
  • Trying to make his wife not feel neglected. (he's so good to me!)
  • Filling out PhD applications/doing interviews!

For those of you who have not heard from us or seen us lately...we still love you and hope to be in touch really soon! This craziness won't last forever. Thankfully! Life is really so good! This week I am going to take time to smell the roses!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Nicolette! I saw Shelly Cope at the doctor the other day and I found out you are going to be moving! Where are you moving? Spanish Oaks will really miss you. It sounds like you are very busy, but also very happy. I miss talking to you.

Christy Lou said...

Sounds like lots of fun and work - I'm jealous of your new sewing machine! I want one too! :)