So while Nicolette was taking a nap I wanted to post another blog. I haven't do so in a very long time. Not much has changed for me. I'm still working on preparing my paper for publication and applying for schools. I'm really hoping to get into a research program at Ohio State University. My GRE scores are horrible though. Hopefully they don't care about those too much. I just wanted to talk about 3 great opportunities.
1. Anyway, I wanted let people know that different options are finally here for cheaper cell phone service. I was told about a deal at Cricket Wireless that was $25 a month unlimited text and talking without a contract, and now they use Verizon's network. That was so cheap! I signed up and bought a phone. When I tried to call Nicolette my phone wouldn't connect. Come to find out that plan from Cricket only allows you to make local calls. Remember back in the 90's when your stuck-to-the-kitchen-wall land line was charged extra money when you tried to call someone out of state...yeah that's how this cell phone plan worked (long distance was an extra $5 a month). I didn't even know companies still sold such ridiculously useless cell phone plans. They also failed to inform me that they don't offer voicemail either (also an extra $5 a month). After some searching online I found only terrible reviews with Cricket. I returned the phone.

Don't worry though, there are still great options. The best one for Nicolette and I was PagePlusCellular.com. They also use Verizon's network. They offer 1200 minutes and 1200 texts plus 50 MB data for only $29.95 for 30 days! If you talk a lot there is also the unlimited talk and text plant with 20 MB data for only 39.95 for 30 days. The only way this isn't the plan for you is if you use a lot of internet on your phone, or if you need a phone for every family member (they don't offer family discounts). You can use any CDMA phones (i.e. they don't have a SIM card). GREAT DEAL!
If you decide PagePlus is not for you make sure that you DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A CONTRACT. The cell phone world is changing and using cell phones will become much cheaper. Do not chain yourself to any cell phone plan and miss out on the cool new stuff that is just around the corner.
2. I really like a review based website call yelp.com. They have great reviews on local restaurants and businesses. If you don't know about this website it is great. Anyone can start "yelping" if there are places they would or would not recommend. The more people that know about this site and use it the better it becomes. Nicolette and I use it all the time to see if a restaurant will be worth the money. The reviews are really fun to read too.
3. dealnews.com is such a powerful website that I love. It complies all of the great deals of the day from so many different internet-based companies. You wouldn't believe the deals I have seen this Christmas season. They are very comparable and even better than the deals in the stores on Black Friday. What I really like is how they compare the posted deal with deals from the past. They also have printable coupons to so many stores that are actually worth printing out (even in full inkjet color) and using.
I hope you can save a lot of money this Christmas season on these great bargains. Merry Christmas.
1 comment:
we really don't like the cell phone companies here in the USA. it is unbelievable how restricted we are. It is totally different in Korea! Great ideas and info!
Post a Comment